Dec 6, 2008

Photos from my life today.

So I mentioned on my other blog that I'm buried right now. But I'm desperately trying to shove my feet down and slow down this wild ride to enjoy my family this season. I love Christmas, and I can't let it just roll by in a blur of busy-ness! So today, while prepping for a shoot, I wandered around the house and photographed a few special sites in our home. We finally got to decorate on Thursday evening, and now it's really starting to feel like Christmas. Which is good, since Eli gives me an update on the countdown almost hourly. "19 days Mom, and that includes today, so tomorrow it will only be 18!" Thank you for that.

This is our beautiful home, decked out in it's holiday splendor! (I don't say beautiful to be a braggert, I'm still amazed that God has given us this home and I'm blessed every time I pull up to it.) I need to break out the tripod and do a slower shutter speed, but didn't have time for all that this evening.


So here is the site that greets you on my front door. In my many, many Lowes trips in the past 3 weeks, I walked past these lush-smelling wreaths every time I walked through their doors. Finally, I succombed to the temptation, simply because the aroma was so wonderful! We've never had a live wreath, but after enjoying this one for a week we may have to make this a yearly tradition.

This beautiful handmade nativity was my mothers, she passed it on to me about two years ago and I think it's precious. I remember (probably 20 years ago) the year that she recieved it from my beloved Aunt Char.

Last year I found this lovely hanging at Macy's on clearance last year for a whopping $2.00! Love it!
This is the centerpiece of our Christmas decor, our trimmed out fireplace with the Jesus Stocking in it's place of honor.Mom made this special stocking for our tradition of 'giving to Jesus' each year. We place our gift to Him - a written promise for the year to come - in on each Christmas morning. Then the next year we take them out and read them.

This is my prized Willow Tree Nativity. I love the giant Texas star serving as our Star of Bethlehem. :)
And I found this fun owl-laden holiday notepad in the dollar spot at Target.And these happy birds at IKEA for $1 a piece. I love them!!
So you can see, the Christmas Bug has bit and I'm excited!!

No comments: