Feb 14, 2009

Big Huge Long Day


Wow. This week has been a little ridiculous! But awesome simultaneously. Ever have weeks like that? Next week isn't looking real good either, but that's ok. My kiddos are home on Monday and I'm looking forward to a low key day.

The dinner last night went awesome. Everything moved fluidly, the food was delivered on time, our help was impeccable!! The teenagers were so helpful, they really 'got' the concept of serving the church last night. I am so proud!! The room was fantastic, just the exact romantic getaway I was hoping for. And all the details fell into place, right down to delivering kleenex boxes to the tables at a crucial emotional point in the movie. The decorations were so cool, so many favors came together in the last 24 hours. I was blessed!! And my dear friend, Jennifer, made us a real live wedding cake - it was fantastic!! So ridiculously yummy!

Anyway, about my other pictures...

You see Eli and Sarah's annual V-day picture. It was a bit tricky to pull this off with Rob home all day, but when he was grilling lunch I got sneaky and pulled it off.

Then there are a couple pages I did about a week ago. This first one is a busy descriptive of Sarah. All glam and sparkles and fluff, just like her.

And the second is kind of an inside joke between me and my missionary friend Autumn. We always laugh about how we are both in the missions field. She's in Thailand and I'm a misplaced Yankee. :) And yep, that's really a map of Texas.

I finally pulled it out of our glovebox, since Richard (Rob's GPS) has been such a help to us. Well, Richard was kind of a moron today, so I may need to find another TX map. I'm seriously out in the middle of nowhere - on the way to my shoot today - and Richard keeps saying "You have reached your destination". Seriously, nothing but wet marshy grass every direction I looked. Absolutely maddening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's SO true though...if you're not from Texas, it can be a foreign country (especially to a yankee)!!

i've heard nothing but RAVES about the dinner on friday night...i'm not surprised, everything you and rob touch is a success!!

antho said...

thanks so much Autumn. Your family was a joy to have there! Love you and miss you!