Apr 15, 2011

Full-Time Mom for the week.

This week has been a rough one in some senses. Eli has been down with a sinus infection. I had given him some prescription cough medicine (given to us by our dr's office) to help him sleep on Monday night. He awoke Tuesday covered in hives. We took the first available appointment of the day (hives had almost disappeared by this point) and got him started on a prescription of Omnicef. Later that afternoon he was busted out in hives again, much worse this time. A call to the office and they said to watch his breathing closely because his airway could get restricted. I woke up with him over and over the next two nights to check his breathing and administer Benadryl. Finally, yesterday his hives cleared and stayed clear. He's slowly recovering from the sinus infection, without any antibiotics because we are trying to clear his systen.

There is good news. I am so grateful that now we know he's allergic to codeine and omnisporens. We learned in non life-threatening dosages, thankfully. I've gotten to spend more time with my favorite son this week than I have in a long, long time. He is such a joy.

And I've gotten some serious time to catch up. All of my photography is edited and sent to clients. My kitchen is clean. I made supper tonight and chocolate chip cookies. And now I even have a moment to blog. I've been working on a top secret anniversary project, too. I can't remember the last time I had an opportunity to craft for the love of crafting!

I feel like I can breathe again. I, of course, miss work and church and my students. But I am grateful to regain some ground here at home. I'm thankful to spend time with my sweet kids (when they aren't torturing each other). We worked on projects for the grandmas today, and we are all so excited about them!! It's just nice to be a normal mom for a week again. It makes me appreciate where I came from, and reminds me how much I love what I do during a normal week. I'm wrapping up this week feeling very content and blessed and only the teeniest tinge guilty. It's all good.

No comments: