Oct 27, 2011

Ten Minutes

Looking back at my blog it looks like all I do is post sermons lately. And this blog was never supposed to be for that. :) So I decided to quick give myself ten minutes to check in, say hey, and tell you what is on my heart. The sermon thing is pretty realistic though, seems like that's all I do lately, writing messages. It's ridiculous how long it takes me to carve out one twenty minute message. oh well, at least I take it seriously. Oh, and last night on the one hand was super annoying because the power point that I had spent three hours preparing didn't work. Grrrr.

On the other hand, in the second service, our students hi-jacked it for a few minutes, did the most awesome skit 'Homecoming' and then at the end crowned us King and Queen, homecoming class of 1996. I was almost in tears, it was so sweet and genuine. We really serve some amazing students. They also presented us with a giant check 'for all their love' and a babysitting voucher and a gift card to Panera for a date night. It was super thoughtful.



In other exciting news... We have been saving for a new iMac forever. Every time we get close, something happens and we have to spend the money in other ways. Well, with Pastor Appreciation (man, we were appreciated, ct|church does a terrific job of loving their staff, service and the dinner were beautiful!) and then the extra ATP work lately, we were finally ready to press the 'buy' button on our Amazon cart with a new 21inch Mac. Something caught in me and I suggested we quick look at Craigslist. We found two month old 27inch for just a teensy bit more than what we had been prepared to spend on the smaller 'economy' iMac (if there is such a thing). The best part is that it's still under warranty and transferable.



Here is my new baby, which I actually have only put eyeprints on because the tiny bit of time I have been home I have had too much going on to play with it. But Rob is still setting it up (which is his favorite part) so it's all good. Isn't it beautiful?

To me the best part is how we waited on the right timing... Not going into debt and not touching the emergency fund. I feel like those extra six inches (which is HUGE, this desktop is giant, my iPad is there to give you perspective) are God's special blessing to us for doing this the right way. He's so good to us!

Ok, so I'm out of time but that was fun and I need to do this more often! And just because the kiddos always make everything better, I'm throwing in a quick pic of them and me from last Sunday. We were coordinating and I was going to shoot Dr. Starner during the service, so we grabbed a shot real quick of the three of us. BTW, my kids are amazing and huge and I love them oh-so-much!!


PS- I don't think I have posted any photos since I changed my hair! my bad. Jen took out my highlights (at my request) about two months ago. The brunette is still a tad dark for me, but actually really close to my natural color at this stage of my life. Crazy, cause it used to be Sarah's hair color growing up. But the best part is my one crazy streak! Keepin' it funky!

No comments: