Jul 10, 2012

Vacation at Last!!

I've all but abandoned real blogging. Not because that's my heart, but because my life is just far too full at the moment. It's a good happy full though. But today, today we are on vacation and I am treasuring every moment of it, thoroughly enjoying the down time and the warmth and presence of my sweet family.

Yesterday we slept in till eight. Till EIGHT! This was very exciting in my world. I then got up and had a leisurely quiet time. Enjoyed an english muffin. In my pajamas. All at a very slow pace. We eventually got it together enough to make it to an 11:25 showing of The Lorax. eh. Not my cup of tea, but the kids liked it and for the Monday family price of $3.00, it was right up our alley. After that we stopped at Tuesday Morning to find cases for the kids new iPods (thank you, Grammy) and then Barnes and Noble for some perusing. Followed up by an icey Starbucks. Home to chill, and then $12 worth of chinese takeout in front of a family friendly movie rounded out our lovely day.

Today I woke up at 7am. A little disappointed by my early wakeup, I used the extra time with my Bible and prayer and worship. So heavenly to just spend as long as I wanted, rather than rushing to the next thing. Spent an hour or so cleaning the house. We ate lunch at home and then went to Malibu Castle, a local video arcade/gocart/minigolf place. They have an awesome Tuesday special so we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, only taking a break to find an Orange Leaf, wander through a jewelry store, and head back for more.

On the way home we decided we were much too tired from playing so hard to cook out as previously planned, so we pitstopped at Red Robin with a Groupon for dinner. Yummmm. Home again and everyone's just doing their thing. It's really nice. I'm looking forward to 7 more days of doing what we want when we want to.

The coolest part of this vacation thus far has been our budget. Rob and I set a budget. We got the cash and showed the kids. (We spent the last month brainstorming a list of somewhat local things to do this week) The kids are helping us decide where we go and what we spend. It's been a really cool lesson in cash flow for them!

The biggest thing still on my vacation list is a trip to Gigi's Cupcakes. I can almost taste it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Monterey Classic Car Week can be overwhelming to take rolex replica in, even for veterans of what the events have to offer. Aside from some of the interesting auction events (if you are into that), Rolex more or less has a connection to each of the three major zones. The most important of which is still perhaps the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. Rolex replica watches sale began to work with the Concours in 1997 as their "official timepiece." Part of this honor allowed for a Rolex watch to be the prize of the show for the year's winning car owner. The Concours d'Elegance is actually a competition with rolex replica sale cars showing on the 18th hole on the greens of the famous golf course. Cars of all types and ages park in clusters rolex replica sale according to their style and time of production. There are a series of ribbons given out but only one is the ultimate winner. For years now, comedian, television personality, and major car guy Jay Leno has be rolex replica the award presenter.