Oct 29, 2010

A Full Heart




Oh goodness. I think about my blog often, having random things to post but never time to actually stop and post it. Life moves full speed ahead. Oh, but it's so good. I want to stop and tell you, to document how very good it is.

We love our church. Wow. Seriously. CT is the San Antonio equivalent of MAG (our home church way back up in Iowa). The hearts of the people are so full. There is so much joy here. And we are so excited for what God is doing in and through us. I feel like Rob and I are really beginning to experience each personal revival, and already seeping into our family, into our little cozy condo and we are poised to reach our students and our church and eventually our world. It's crazy exciting. My quiet times have been so blessed lately. I keep having to cut myself off, to stop short because I cannot spend the time that I long to, each day goes a bit longer and seems to be a bit more intense.

But as that happens, my other responsibilities slide. Oh dear, you should see my house! (it's a good thing you can't) And I feel quite behind on my studies for credentialing, but it's only because I'm trying to work ahead to be set to take some time off for the holidays. I have completed and tested on three courses now, which means I'm officially a third of the way there through my first level of credentialing. A ninth of the way there towards my education for my final goal of ordination. woohoo!!

The weather has changed. (at least for the moment) We are enjoying a cool front, and let me tell you, ENJOYING!! It was 87 on Tuesday and I'm just over the heat. Today is the first day that really feels like fall, it got down to 47 last night and Rob and I snuggled close. Never a bad thing.

We went to the Apple Orchard last weekend with our church family. It was beautiful, the air was a bit cooler up in Hill Country. The more we explore the surrounding area, the more I love San Antonio.

In a few weeks we are taking vacation and going to explore Pedernales Falls, it's about an hour and a half from here. I can't hardly wait! Vacation sounds lovely, but exploring sounds fantastic!! We are prepping for Fall Fest here on Sunday. Sarah is going to be Pinkalicious and Eli wants to be an iPad, so I need to get cracking on his costume today. They are both pretty excited.

Starting next week we are challenging our students to carry their Bible with them every where they go for an entire month. It's part of the 1Month challenge and are pretty psyched about it. Should make for some interesting discussions and life applications.

Rob and I are doing great. More in love all the time; I think ministry keeps the spark in our marriage in a lot of ways. And working together too. It's been so fun working in the church office, serving our staff. They are all amazing people and I love being here with them three days a week.

Okay, gotta get back to my Hermeneutics book. It's kicking my tail. blessings!

No comments: