Jul 8, 2011

Need a Moment?

Grab a Twix.

Oh dear. I'm there this week. Actually, the last couple weeks, teetering between getting it done and throwing in the towel. I keep telling Rob we need another vacation, just to catch up! :) And then I remember that my God is bigger and I don't need to finish any of it today, or at least very little today, and I just need to concentrate on those few necessary things first. Whew. Good place of dependency to be.

Sometimes I need to just stop and focus on the blessings, rather than being overwhelmed by my inability to manage it all. We are truly, insanely, blessed. These kids. Wow, they are just incredible little people. When I think about the responsibility, the trust that God has placed in us to raise them. That's pretty humbling in itself.

Then I think about my hubby. We attended Marriage Encounter a few weekends back, and for me the very best part was getting to spend 44 hours with him. After 13 years, you all know he's still my best friend. But it was nice to revel in it for a few days. I'm so glad we did, because we've been going 90 to nothing since. (which, btw, he hates that phrase and says it doesn't make any sense, but I don't care, I love it anyway. I guess that's me being my non-sensical self?)

Then I think about our church. I cannot describe to you the joys of pastoring at such an awesome church. We are truly blessed. We love our staff, we love our people, we love the facility, the city, the culture. We love. :)

And then I think about our house. It is so much awesome. I know I haven't posted pictures and I'm sorry. I've take a few. It's just that I am in the middle of like forty two projects right now (and I'm not even exaggerating) AND I have not found my sd card reader just yet. I think I've narrowed down the box it is in, and have even half unpacked it, but I have not been home long enough to finish that project.

The house is incredible. Each room has a plan and a purpose and all of them make me smile when I think about the way they will be whenever I get to it. :) Probably a long way off. We have some friends that are chatting about visiting in October and I'm hoping we are a bit more there by then. I love that we can have people stay, isn't that amazing? And there will be space to talk and laugh and eat and sleep. What a breath of refreshing air that is!

See, glass half full. I just needed to stop and think about all the awesome. God is so good to us and we are so undeserving. It's so good to revel in that and pursue a life that brings Him glory always.

2 comments:

daisygirl1994 said...

Hey mrs Anna. If you need any help with things like that, I could totally pitch in wherever. Whether it be unpacking, babysitting, or even running errands or getting groceries. I know you're super busy and it has to be stressful. Just let me know. :) love you guys. -Genie-

antho said...

thanks sweetie, I so appreciated your help today! You have a servant's heart indeed, and it was a huge blessing to me! Love you bunches too!