Apr 26, 2012

This spring has been an incredible one for me. We had a very wet first two months of the year, so by the end of February, beginning of March, the wildflowers were exploding everywhere you look. I have never seen such beauty in my life, it was like living in a Monet painting. I spent many hours driving during this season - just my usual trips to Houston and Dallas this time of year. What a privilege to take in the sights I saw. On one trip I realized with a gasp how Texas has really become my home. Over the past five years, I have fallen in love with it. This really startles me, because Iowa has always been my first love. I always thought if given the chance, I would go back in a heartbeat. But now I know the pure joy of being in God's best for my life. I will always love Iowa, it will always be where I am from and I will represent my state with brazen pride among a sea of Texans - but now Texas is my home. I love the life we have here and I embrace it fully. Just thought you should know. :)

No comments: