Apr 19, 2008

6:30am on Saturday

So could someone please, please, please tell me why my daughter feels the need to be up at the crack of dawn on Saturday, but most school days I have to drag her out of bed? As I fell asleep at 1am last night my comforting thought was "Tomorrow's Saturday, I don't have to be anywhere until after noon, I can sleep in a bit." The truth is that my thought of sleeping in is like 7:30 or something, just because I wake up most days at 6:30.

Oh well.

So I thought I might post something interesting. I came across this survey on one of my friends MySpace's. It was for eight years, but I thought I'd tweak it to ten because in less then a month Rob and I celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. Pretty fun!

Ten Years Ago

1) How old were you? 18

2) Where did you go to school? No, but I was apprenticing with a jeweler and it was awesome.

3) Where did you work? Matthew Powell Creations. Now known as Perspective Jewelry Design in Omaha, NE.

4) Where did you live? Missouri Valley, IA

5) Where did you hang out? in my apartment. with my parents. mostly spent time planning our wedding.

6) Did you wear contacts? yes, but not all the time. not so good for bench work.

7) Who were your best friends? Rob. Lori.

8) How many tattoos did you have? not a one.

9) How many piercings did you have? one in each ear.

10) Did you drive a car? Yep, I had just purchased a 1982 Ford LTD for the grand price of $1500. :)

11) Had you been to a real party? Not the kind of party they are inferring here. In my experience, anything that tried to be that kind of party turned out to be pretty lame.

12) Had you had your heart broken? I thought I had. But looking back it wasn't a big deal.


13) Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorce? engaged, about to be married.

14) Any Kids? Nope


Five Years Ago:

1) How old were you? 23

2) Where did you go to school? hard knocks. And Rob was at CBC.

3) Where did you work? I was a stay at home mom.

4) Where did you live? Ozark, MO.

5)Where did you hang out? youth group. with rob and eli.

6) Did you wear glasses? nope. We were pretty poor there for a spell.

7) Who were your best friend(s)? Rob. Lori. Kim.

8) How many tattoos did you have? Yeah, that answer's not going to change.

9) How many piercings did you have? One in each ear. That answer's not going to change either.

10) What car did you drive? 1981 LTD. different one. wasn't ours. ironic, isn't it?

11) Had your heart broken? I think anyone who is married for any amount of time or has children has experienced that at some point in their relationship. But the kicker is it heals back stronger than before.

12) Were you Single/Taken/Married/Divorced? happily married.

13) Any Kids? Eli was with us. We were working on Sare. ;)


Today:

1) How old are you? ugh. 28. about to turn 29.

2) Where do you work? Trinity Tabernacle. Anna Thoreson Photography. Expotv.com

3) Where do you live? the beautiful city of Baytown!

4) Do you wear glasses? Only at night or if I'm grubbing it.

5) Who is your bestfriend(s)? Rob. Lori. Kim.

6) Do you talk to your old friends? They are the same! :) But I've added a myriad of new friends over the years! I don't think you can love too many people!

9) What kind of car do you have? A 2007 Saturn Vue! Yay!

10) Has your heart been broken? Not recently

11) Single/taken/married/divorced? happily married.

12) Any Children? 2 beautiful little people.

No comments: