May 5, 2011

Favorite Scripture.

"You hem me in -- behind me and before; You have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wins of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:5-9

I have loved this verse for years. Over a decade in fact. I came across it today as I was preparing my shiftAM lesson and I want to put it someplace I will never lose it. It speaks to me because I am always a mess, and yet God is constantly hemming me in, pulling together the places I unravel, making a neat edge where I would otherwise be torn. He brings beauty out of rags. I love Him so much.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Thank you Anna. I REALLY needed this verse.

antho said...

You're welcome, Shelley. I loved getting to pray with you yesterday. You are loved, woman of God!!