May 9, 2011

Happy Anniversary Baby...


I've been slaving away on this project for hours and hours. But I think the end result is worth it, what do you think??

In case you are wondering, the top stitching a cross-section of a tree. It has 13 rings, one for each year of marriage. The heart of the tree symbolizes our dating/engagement season. The twig sewn below it, well....

Back in Febuary of 1997 Rob and I had one of our most fantastic dates ever. We lay out under the stars (in the cold night air) on a deck at Intervarsity Camp. We held hands and realized that night that we had begun planning our future together. It was an amazing evening.

The next morning, he came to breakfast with something behind his back. He told me that he was so blessed by our conversation the night before that he wanted to bring me a token of his love, a flower. But being February in Kansas City, there were no flowers in bloom. Instead he found this twig and he presented it so proudly.

My heart was melted. Obviously.

14 years later I still have the very twig. And (by the grace of Jesus) our love has grown into a fine and mighty oak tree.

No comments: