Nov 6, 2011

Day Six - Thankful

Today I am thankful for children with amazing personalities. They are such a delight to watch and learn from. The other day I noticed them playing Monopoly together and it amazed me that they are old enough to play a complicated game without direction from adults. They are growing up so fast, but just delighting me in the process. I constantly post their little quips on Facebook because they just crack me up. Here are a few samplings from the past couple weeks.

Sarah's dinner prayer: "thank you for this food and that mom has the talent to make this good stuff." #homemademacandcheeseisahit
Sarah got new church shoes and she just asked Eli "Do you like these shoes? Do you think they are supreme??"

looking at the kiddo's Christmas lists.. Sarah put "to go to Paris. PS - I want to see a mime." #applesdontfallfarfromtrees
and Eli put "a surprise present.. (a good one!!)"

Sarah is reading the story of Moses and Pharaoh and when she gets to the tenth plague Eli looks at me and says "that STINKS!"
Eli is Lot. Connor is Noah. I asked to take their pic together and Eli says "But we are from different timelines!" #gatekids

Eli's teacher told me that they were discussing slavery in class today and E said that if he lived during that time in US History he would buy slaves so he could free them. #lovethiskidsheart

Just saw my kids pass each other in the school hallway and they totally high-fives each other nonchalantly as they passed. #coolestkidsontheplanet
Have some leftover desserts and I told Rob we could take them to the neighbors and Eli says "Give it to the neighbor that has the POOL!"So Eli asks me this morning if Rob and I will handle the kids inheritance in a Biblical fashion: "you know, where the firstborn son gets everything." #hiswheelsarewaysturning
Listening to Eli Thoreson explain on the phone to Papa Charlie Sheats how he's using reverse psychology on his teachers. (as long as it's only his teachers)
My kids just asked me "Mom, who put the ABC's in order?" (my kids think I know a lot more than I actually do)

See, they are amazing, right?

No comments: