Nov 30, 2011

Me and Jeanne


So two weekends ago I was in the restroom at Youth Convention. Truth be told, I was hiding out a bit from the bass tones of worship. I was in some pretty tremendous pain from a tooth that was about to have a root canal (unbeknown to me). But as I'm in the stall I hear the lady in the stall next to me talking at her cell phone "Text so and so.. tell her..." but the phone was not cooperating. I laughed to myself and asked across the partition, "trouble with Suri?". The lady laughed and we struck up a conversation. After we both imerged and washed our hands it suddenly occurred to me that she was Jeanne Mayo, a female youth pastor that Rob and I have been learning from for over a decade. Holy cow, right there in the ladies room!! I introduced myself and we hugged (that's just Jeanne for you, never met a stranger) and she asked me to take a photo. Right there in the ladies room. Well, for once I had left my camera in the convention center and couldn't oblige for one with her. But she was our speaker for the next session. Rob and I sat right up front and got a photo with her and she signed our books and everything. We actually had opportunity to have two different conversations with her and she personally invited both of us to Cadre, her leadership training program. Then she spoke, and it was epic. Very encouraging. She's kind of all over the place, but amazing. It was really eye opening to me, because my personal style of speaking is super similar. :) So here is a photo of us. My hero.

No comments: