Nov 15, 2011

the Slow Kid

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how God allows us to partner with Him in ministry. Just going through the credentialing process itself has been extremely humbling and eye opening. I've been reveling in the joyous truth that God invites us into this process of 'going and telling'. I mean, He's God, surely He could evangelize the world more efficiently without us. Consider Saul and his Damascus Road experience. God doesn't need our help in evangelism. He allows us to participate in this great miracle.

This morning, during my quiet time, I felt like I received a better understanding of this concept. See, it's kind of like when you are in middle school and the teacher divides you up into groups to work on a project. God is the smart kid with all the answers. He doesn't need any help with the problems, in fact He had a solid understanding of the problem and the solution long before He came to class that day. But He partners with us, the slow kids in class, for our benefit. It's opportunity for us to grow and learn.

So this morning, I am grateful to be in God's small group. I am praying to be a humble and quick learner, and to make Him proud with my efforts. To hear "Well done, my good and faithful servant." is my goal. I will always be His student. I'm hoping to graduate with honors one day. ;)

No comments: