Jul 27, 2007

(clap clap clap)












DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS.

That's where we've spent the bulk of this week. We were approached to take our elementary students to kids camp with the bribe of two nights in San Antonio.

The trip itself was hard and frustrating, but our family time was awesome. I loved San Antonio. I overheard Rob tell some people that it was 'a little too Texas' for him, but I'm starting to think that it can't get too texas for me. :) I did have to laugh, in one particular store there was a banner proudly displaying "Made BY Texans FOR Texans". In case you were wondering whether Texas was it's own country or not... it is.

Highlights of the trip. Hmmm. We took the kids to Rainforest Cafe. They loved, loved, LOVED it. They immediately started begging to go back. It was quite an experience - so far out of our ordinary. Also, walking through the Alamo - it's so rich with history. Stop any native Texan and they can tell you all about it. The Riverwalk. By far that was my favorite. It was cooler down by the water, and it was so romantic. (even with the jabronies) Especially neat after dark. And we totally splurged and took the kids on a horse-drawn carriage ride. It was so special, I'm glad we did. They loved it. Sarah loves animals right now, so she thought Nellie was pretty special. It was just a very special trip and I'm really thankful for our life right now. Still pinching myself. ;)

No comments: