Jul 14, 2007

I guess we are homeowners.


So Rob and I spent the day working on the house. He toiled in the yard - fighting fire ants and mowing, weedeating and replanting some flowers. It looks great. I spent the day scrubbing floors and bathrooms and just sprucing up the place in general. We did snag a quick photo of us in front of our new home. I love it. I'm looking forward to having a chance to personalize it a bit - some paint and a bit of tlc - but it's totally becoming us and it's a really great fit.

I had a blonde highlight moment today and spaced that I am teaching youth Sunday School starting tomorrow. oops. But we are doing Purpose Driven, so it's pretty easy to pick up. Kind of ironic that I'm teaching out of that book again, we just finished it in the young adults class at HAG. Rob wanted to go through it in youth though, because it's so foundational. It will set the tone for the next phase with these students, and I'm excited (and nervous) to start! I had to laugh, last week I noticed that the church bulletin said "youth pastors - Rob and Anna Thoreson". It's kind of weird to be recognized for my efforts, but I guess they are big about that here. Pastor Larry and Linda have been awesome about having me included in everything, especially staff meetings. I consider it a joy and a privilege and it's so cool to be working hand in hand with Rob.

So tomorrow is a big day. It's our third Sunday at Trinity already, but bigger than that, we go to see United again. I'm so excited! Unfortunately I haven't found anyone to watch the kiddos, so they are going with too, but United with children is far better than no United. I'm pretty psyched, since we never made it to the concert in March. It's crazy though, it's at Joel Olsteen's church. Rumor has it that it's the largest church in the country! James River is the biggest church I've ever been too, so I'm anxious to see what this is like. I haven't read any of Joel's books (although I have a few) but I have seen him on tv a few times and he's real likeable. It's crazy to me that we live close enough Houston to drop in for a concert! Anyhoo, I say all that to say I should have some awesome photos for you tomorrow night!

No comments: