Mar 7, 2009

Women's Convention. Whew!!

What an experience!!


I so enjoyed getting to know 7 of the ladies in the church better, the fellowship was awesome! These gals are just a hoot! We visited Harwin St. in Houston and that was quite an experience in itself. I picked up 3 Pashmines for $3.99 each, so hopefully I won't be cold in church any longer!

And worship, my goodness - it was amazing!! This song in particular really got me, it wasn't the first time I heard it, just incredible!

The worship team was from Spring, TX and they were absolutely gifted. Our speaker was Lori O'Dea from Michigan, but I recalled her from her time at AGTS. She spoke directly to my heart. She actually prayed with me personally and was just so encouraging!!I also had a fantastic time with my friend, my boss, and my mentor, Linda Hayes. Our best talk took place in the wee hours of this morning. I'm so thankful to have her in my life, she brings out the best in me. We took this silly picture, thinking we both really needed to wear these hats on Easter Sunday and bring back the trend of hats in our church.

But the very best part of the weekend was all my time at the altar, just soaking up God's presence.

Sometimes, being who I am makes it tough to just really get intimate with the Lord during our regular worship services. I certainly try, but at the same time I need to be aware of others needs during that time, and available to pray or whatever else might come up. And of course, being the worship pastor's wife, I'm a little distracted for my husband, always praying for him while he's up there, leading us all into worship. I love going to conferences and retreats where I'm not pastor's wife any more, I'm just Anna, humble servant of God, trying to get my time in with my Maker. It's incredible. I love to worship, it really is my heart and always has been. And I did a lot of worshipping this weekend, but I also spent a lot of time just wrenching my heart out before my God, and that was incredible. I feel so spent for Him right now, and I'm really looking forward to a wonderful night's sleep in my own bed with my own husband.

Meanwhile, I am so incredibly excited about what God is doing in my life, and I'm more willing than ever to allow Him to do it. I want to serve Him more than I ever have before... It's such a good place to be.


So on to tomorrow;

We are hosting Roy and Annette Brewer in both services tomorrow and another Monday night. And I'm shooting a birthday party tomorrow afternoon. Should be a wonderful Sunday. God is good!!




scroll


down


for

a

bonus.






BTW? (I really missed these people)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the Black and White of the kids. They are seriously my favorite 'other people's kids' =) haha! You so inspire me just by being you. I think you should mail yourself and your family to Nashville every Thursday and then I can express mail you home for Sundays. It would totally work. ;o)