Nov 4, 2009

Making Mom Happy

I noticed my mom missing the Halloween pictures of the kiddos in her weekly email, so I figured I better belly-up and get 'er done for her. I posted quite a few on FB last week, but I like to post 'em here too, because the blog is the family history book, you know.

I have a lot of family photos to edit from the past few weeks, but I've been really behind lately and trying to prioritize work first. Eventually I'll catch up, but it likely won't be until at least Thanksgiving in all honesty.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and spending Thursday with Rob, although we will be spending a good chunck of the day treating our house and cat for fleas. grr.

So a few Halloween photos. We did Trunk or Treat at church and this is our "Deep in the Heart of Texas" trunk. The lights lit up and we played traditional Texas music through the whole evening. It was pretty fun. There were a couple of bales of hay and a feed bucket to hand out candy with as well...
Eli wanted to be Jesus for Halloween. He was so sweet, asking each person if they knew Jesus. Such a bold soul. Both kids were both absolutely crushed when two people at the last two houses we visited said they didn't believe in Jesus. They came home and prayed for them right away, and still talk about it now 5 days later. I'm so glad they are so sensitive. Adults have been seasoned to be hardened I think.
Sarah was a bride for the Trunk or Treat and she was adorable, of course...


We did pumpkins on Friday night and the whole family really got into it. Rob did the Rebel symbol (from Star Wars) and Eli did the Imperial symbol (also from Star Wars), Sarah did her take on a traditional pumpkin, and I did a camera. It was very fun. Here are our lit up results...

The actual night of Halloween Sarah changed her mind on being a bride and went as a punk rocker instead.. We just dug through our closets till we found something that worked.

I've been having fun pulling out clothes that I bought on clearance at the end of our 'winter' season last year. This sweater is my new favorite. I like pairing it with this pastel blue and also a bold bright blue with a fun blue fabric flower pin I found on clearance last week..

Also, we did our staff photos on Saturday morning for the church Christmas card. Hard to believe it's that time of year already, but it is! Here's our best family shot.

No comments: