Nov 16, 2009

Ten Minutes


I'm on break. :) I've been photoshopping since I finished my quiet time at 9 this morning. I'm trying to dig myself out of the hole I've made for myself these past two weeks. That's the issue that happens when you book more shoots than you have time to post-process. And with putting everything on hold for the anniversary this weekend, I'm 4 shoots and a wedding behind right now, about to go to a family shoot this afternoon, and then another one tomorrow. whew! But then I've got a little break (to edit) and to celebrate Thanksgiving in the Thoreson Household. We are really scaling it back this year, but I feel like it's totally out of necessity, I just can't take on anything else. Perhaps, 10 days from now, I'll feel differently, but as of today I'm planning very low key. :) Yummy, but low key. Can you believe that turkey day is already almost here? Can someone please tell me where 2009 went? I feel like it's been just a blur. It's almost time to do my recap already. Oh my.

I'm thinking in 2010 I'm going to need to re-prioritize a bit. Maybe even starting before then. I told you about the small-scale Thanksgiving (very not Anna).. Take a deep breath, but I'm not sending Christmas cards this year. (don't throw anything) I know they are a Thoreson tradition since the beginning of time (actually, I literally sent out hand-drawn Christmas cards as a high schooler, such a dweeb am I!), but this year it's being forgone. Perhaps next year I'll pick it back up, but this season I'm focusing on ATP, giving everything extra time-wise to church, and spending quality time with my kids when they are home. Besides, almost everyone I sent Christmas cards to is on FB now, so we have been more in touch with them this year than any year previously.

Anyway, didn't pop on to say all that. Really wanted to express the awesomeness of yesterday. We successfully pulled off our 90th Anniversary at Trinity. It was a huge amount of work, but such a cool result. I'm very excited to sift through the photos, but they are on the aforementioned waiting list. ;) I did pull this one out real quick, just to add a pic because what fun is a post without a picture??

Also, just wanted to ask y'all to pray for my friend, Lori, who is really struggling with morning sickness (really, all day sickness) and her husband is in dire need of a job. Such a discouraging situation. Rob and I have been praying, but I today I got to thinking about it and thought about the power of lots of people praying. They are good people who work hard, and got dealt a bad hand. They need a touch from God right now.

Ok, off to prep for my family session. They are missionaries to Portugal. How cool is that???

No comments: