Sep 26, 2011

Credentialing Interview


I woke up this morning with the words, "Today is the day" in my brain. After a year and a half of working through Berean, I was finally to the last step of the first level of credentialing. Today was my interview. I was nervous, but confident in my calling, if you can be such a thing. Turns out it wasn't nearly as stressful as I had imagined in my mind. But I took it seriously, cause it's me. :) The best part of my interview was the prayer that Dub Jones prayed over us at the end. I was shaking, simply because I am all too aware of the spiritual brevity of the calling of 'pastor'. He prayed thanksgiving for my life, for the way God carefully knit together the events of my youth to create the woman He's called me to be. He prayed for my children and my husband and our ministry. He called on spiritual gifts to be evident in my life, specific gifts that I have been privately seeking the Lord for and hadn't even shared with Rob just yet. It was powerful. I definitely had an experience with God during that prayer. I was again, filled with humility and awe of God's hand on my life.

On a less intense note, here is the outfit that Jen so carefully crafted with me. I was wearing a great pair of black pointy pumps too, in case you were wondering.

The whole interview went really well and my paperwork has been sent off to Springfield. Someday soon a little card will come in the mail saying that I now have authority to marry and bury. Hurrah!! God is so faithful! Even as this step is solidifying, I am half way finished with my next step - licensing. 14 more classes and I'll be ready to step up to ordination. I am so excited for this process!!

It made it all the more awesome that Autumn was here through this day. She came for Section Council and spent the night with us. We are going out with missionaries (and former co-workers) Matt and Stacey to celebrate successful interviews here shortly. We are having Thai food, which is a first for Rob and I!

No comments: