Sep 18, 2012

Tis So Sweet

I have been so in love with my savior lately. Even His correction feels like love. I was thinking about it this morning and God brought to mind Rob's and my premarital counseling. I remember our dear Pastor Tom telling us that marriage made love sweeter. I distinctly recall thinking - but how could I love Rob more? So young, so naive. Now, after fourteen and half years of marriage, I think I have a better understanding of what Pastor Tom meant. There is something so cherished, so precious, about a lifetime of choosing each other daily. As the years roll by, my heart for my husband has only grown. Our relationship has deepened and sweetened over time. Our appreciation and need for one another has grown too, as has our mutual understanding.

The next thought God brought to mind is that my relationship with Him is just like that. Deepening and sweetening over time. And to think, that His relationship with me is eternal! What an incredible thought. I am so thankful for the treasure that is my relationship with the Lord. I encourage you to pursue Him with your whole heart and your love of Him sweeten over time.


No comments: