Jul 1, 2006


I read Kelli Crowe's blog.

She's a little unknown, but not really. An amazing scrap artist, but more importantly, a great blogger. I really enjoy living vicariously through her. Anyhoo, she is guest designer on some scrap site and they asked her to submit a bio. In typical kellicrowe fashion, she submitted a 'free association' with Kelli Crowe. (if you aren't familiar with free association, it's similar to brainstorming - just say the words that come into your mind when you think of such and such) I am inspired. So here's me.

Free Association with Anna Thoreson.

funny.
complicated.
naive.
driven.
zany.
impetuous.
artistic.
passionate.
empowered.
creative.
inspired.
up too late.
mom.
wife.
random
and still predictible.
busy. always busy.
happy.
contagious.
lover of music
and paper
and paint.
blogger.
incessant.
silly.
fiesty.
over-user of exclamation points!!
weak and fleshly.
self-doubting.
easily intimidated.
saved by grace.
loved.
understood.
content.


(I know content is in there twice, but God is dealing with me again.)


Anyhoo. A happy day for the most part. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed - just in a fowl mood. I realized that it was Saturday and Rob had to work and it just made me mad. Another week slipped by and I failed to take any time for me, other than an hour or two in the studio while Sarah slept - but Eli was still awake and hassling me every five minutes or so. Back to today - Rob and I talked. Then we worked like crazy people, getting ready for our house guests. Which is good, since they are coming earlier than we expected.

So we got a lot done. I touched up quite a bit around the house. And oh, it's hit me. I love this place so much. I ran to Lowe's tonight for cupboard latches and when I came home I just sat in the car in front of the house. My heart swelled with pride and a wonderful sense of accomplishment. I seriously almost had tears in my eyes. I really hadn't taken a moment to say "wow, it's done!" I'm in awe of the process, so cheesy, I know. But I have never invested a chunk of myself in a house like I have this one. It is so us now. The colors, the curb appeal. It's so warm and vibrant. I'm dumb, I know, but it just makes me happy. I'm excited to share it with Lori and Jay, I hope they enjoy it like we do.

Anyway, I should quite rambling. But sometimes it's just fun to go on and on. I'm posting a couple pictures now. This one is of Eli and Sarah wearing sunglasses that Mom sent them today. They were both too excited!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey--sorry I missed your call--was at Firefall tonight. Will try to catch you soon--it's late gotta hit the sack.K--