Jul 22, 2006











New babies, more rollercoasters and rings...

More days have passed. Not even sure where to begin. First of all, man I miss my blog! Our life has been such a blur lately - of activity and insanity, children and lots of hot hot heat! Whew. There is a tiny lull before everything picks back up. Eli and Sarah went to stay with my mother-in-law today and I'm so thankful that they went today so I have a few quiet moments to catch my breath. I feel so behind in everything, surely it's really not that bad. :)

We have had quite a week here, a huge storm hit hard on Wednesday night - can't remember if I covered that last or not. Insane storm. The waterbed store downtown built to the ground - four blocks away. We could see the flames from our house. I, of course, marched my kids over there and explained the dangers of fire to them. Eli got the picture - I don't see him playing with matches any time in the near future. We lost power that night - which was actually kind of fun in a spooky kind of way. We put the kids to bed and decided the the 'responsible' thing to do was to eat all the ice cream before it melted and went to waste. So we enjoyed the cool of the evening on the porch swing and then when the bugs were too buggy we came in and stuffed ourselves with ice cream by candlelight. It was too fun. The power came back on at 5am, but most of our friends here weren't that lucky. Matt and Tiff just got their power back today! The whole experience was a bit creepy - I'm usually not scared of storms at all. I'm a bit more humble now. :)

Last night we had Cribs here at our house. It was a blast. We had Casey's pizza and played Mafia and Psychiatrist - our youth groups two favorite games. Then we all just messed around outside for a while. Love our youth group, we really have quality kids, they are each special to me in a different way. I'm really getting psyched up for camp, I love camp and haven't gone in well over ten years. Can't wait. I've got some surprises up my sleeve - not shocking, I'm sure.

We were driving past Six Flags on the way home from Lebanon today - and couldn't help but stop because we could ride w/out kids. We *heart* rollercoasters lately, so we basically ran into the park to ride the Screaming Eagle and YEP I have a picture here for you. We did that - waited in line for almost an hour - the park was super stinking busy - and the Joker and a half train ride and then went on our way. Very fun. Rob and I always just have such a good time hanging out together. I love that we've been chilling together ten years now and he's still my favorite person in the world. Anyhoo, I still smell like sunscreen. mmm.. summer.

On the way home after that we stopped by my cousin's house to welcome her new little boy, Erik. He arrived on Wednesday morning and is just adorable. I'm posting some pictures for you. I know I look like a gomer, but it's really about him.

After that we stopped at the Westfield at Chesterfield Mall and checked out Archiver's. We looked at this ring at Helzberg's too - I had seen it a few weeks ago with Lori. Ten year anniversary is less than two years away and I have waited a long time for my anniversary band. This is the one I want. Would love any opinions. I'll probably ask Matt - my old boss who I apprenticed for back in the day - to make me a look alike. Rob loved the ring, but thought I needed platinum instead of white gold, maybe with smaller diamonds to offset the price difference. Love a man with good taste. We really can't afford such a luxury, but with a healthy tax return this is one indulgence I will allow my hubby to give me - even if it takes the next two years to get-er-done. I will be emailing Matt sometime here in the near future to get a better idea of price and realistic-ness.

So then we came home and reheated cold pizza and ate it on the porch swing - in my mind the ideal place to eat supper. We laughed and enjoyed each other's company. It was truly a great day.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow - running route with Rob and having a relaxed Sunday w/ no jabronies to finagle into naps and deal with at church. It's going to be a good week. Hopefully I can post another time or two before we are off to Carlinville. Happy Saturday to all!

No comments: