May 14, 2007

catching up














wow. I think I let on already that it was a whirlwind weekend. But I didn't say that my mom and sister threw a surprise birthday party for me. And oh my, I was surprised. My cousin Sara was here with her boys that afternoon. I had just finished up the last of my day before cooking for the luncheon. I forced myself to sit and relax and catch up with her and mom. Char and Kavin drove in late afternoon. After they arrived Mom and I went for Casey's pizza for the clan. Mom kept dragging her feet, I was so confused. When we got back to the house, Sara wouldn't let me in the house. When she opened the door I realized they had totally decorated in the ten minutes we'd been gone! They all yelled "surprise" and it was so fun. We enjoyed our pizza, played psychiatrist (one of my favorite games, especially with people you really know), we busted a pinata (everyone loved that!) and then enjoyed cake and presents. I need to take some photos of the presents. They included these amazing red ballet slippers from Char - oh I love them!! And a new colbalt place setting of Fiestaware from Mom, some chocolates, new glasses from Ikea (yay!) and various other fun things. It was super fun.
I was up way too late every night this week, just enjoying having the house alive with people. Saturday was excruciatingly busy, but so fun overall and everyone at church yesterday is still talking about it. Mom and I did squeeze in quite a bit of scrapbook shopping - we hit Scrapbook Castle in Alton on Thursday and Archiver's and Scrapbook Factory on Saturday. So I have lots of new inspiration in my room just beckoning at me to come and play! Hopefully this afternoon!
We also hit Tuesday Morning on Saturday where Mom gifted us with new towels for our bathroom - much needed. It was her and Dad's anniversary gift for us. I was pretty disappointed that my dad didn't make it, but he was tied up at home and I understand.
Yesterday was a great day too, probably my best Mother's Day yet. I really feel like a mom this year, and understand what it is that is so important about what I do. We went to church like normal, and enjoyed a quick lunch of leftovers with my my mom and brother before they left. Then we had the opportunity to go up the Hartford Tower with the kids, and they just loved it!! It was a beautiful day to do it too! Incredible. We came home and the kids rested (for THREE HOURS) and Rob and I spent two of them talking and catching up. He went off to work and I puttered around the house, cleaning up and chatting with Kimmie on the phone. We went to church, had a great night there, took kids home as a family and then went to Applebee's for appetizers. Rob and the kids picked out a Pampered Chef Cheese Knife for me. Awww. I love Pampered Chef!! They did great. Just really in love with my family and my husband and my savior and my life right now!
But back to reality, the house is a disaster, we haven't done school and I need a shower! Time to get it in gear!!

No comments: