May 7, 2007

Kimmie's Day







So you were probably starting to even wonder if I made it home from Springfield, huh? Yep, home safe and sound, no car problems. (yay!! the springfield curse has lifted!)

i had a great time. It was so good to take some space. I enjoyed being away, being on my own. But I probably enjoyed the drive the most of all, the quiet thoughtful time, moving at my own pace (which was, of course - F A S T) I really loved the freedom of I can stop when I want to, eat when I want to, listen to what I want to. I need to leave more often, it was amazing.

I had the distinct pleasure of dining with some old friends (LeAnn, Michele, Tina, and Miranda - and a new friend Sandra) on Friday night and that was really special and fun. I couldn't remember the last time I had dinner with girls. Of course, it helped that we went to Cheddar's - their fried chicken salad.. mmmmmm.

Then I went to Kimmies and hung out with her and Kellie and Kailey and Sally. We had fun, very low key other than a TCBY run at ten. Slept on the floor like a girls youth event and got ready for the shower in the morning. The shower was a lot of fun, Kim got some nice things. The coffee was really good too. It was good to catch up with Kellie and I had a chance to see Amanda too, so it was just really nice. After the shower I headed over to CU and caught up with my old boss for a while then headed home. My famiily was so glad to see me, it's pretty refreshing to come home sometimes.

Anyhoo, so this week we begin the race to the banquet, but I've checked all my lists multiple times and barring any disasters I think it will be a beautiful time for all on Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Kim girl must be pretty lucky to have a friend like you... ;o)

antho said...

I don't know, I have my moments. :)