Jun 5, 2009

Hello Blogsophere!

I've missed you!

Man, life has been unreal lately. No time to blog, that's not right! And I hate to tell you, but there will be blog silence again next week, I'll be at South Texas Youth Camp. Can't say I'm sorry, either, cause I'm super excited for it! Rob and I are (gasp!) Head Counselors and you guessed it, we get our own GOLF CARTS! Good thing I was promised that before my little run-in earlier this week. Oh, maybe I forgot to mention that...

So I'm sporting a minivan right now. Missing my Vue. I was headed to a shoot on Tuesday night and went to make a wide right turn (actually that's illegal in TX unless you are an 18 wheeler) when the lady behind me tried to pass on the right. Long story short ($2400 damage to my car later), it is in the shop for the week. I'm most bummed about my 13 year accident-free streak being interrupted. Yes, I bumped a gate at the dealership a year ago, but that did not count, no claim was filed. The good news is that I talked the repair shop into fixing that little blemish for free along with my Allstate repair. You know how much I enjoy a bargain! Plus, it will make my husband very happy and happy husbands are always good!


Sarah graduated pre-k this week. That was hard. And exciting. And funny. She, quite literally, sashayed down the aisle like the little 'princess' she is. It was hysterical! Eli was promoted to 3rd grade with all A's, the little genius! Both of my kids are growing like weeds, it's crazy. We are headed North of Dallas tomorrow to meet Grammy Ginny for a week of fun in the sun in Arkansas while Daddy and I do the camp thing. They are super ridiculous excited!

Oh, and I got a new shirt about a week ago, it's my new favorite, I paid $5 for it. Gotta love that! Old Navy had their famous 50% off their clearance merchandise sale and I cleaned up!The big yellow and black bird makes me so happy! Also, the little gold accent birds. It goes perfectly with my bird bracelet that my mom gave me for my birthday. I need to break down and buy the earrings that match, I'm really into wearing earrings lately!

Also found this one at Target for $4.98, pretty cute!

In other news: I'm in love with my camera. It's going to be hard to leave my baby for a week and view the world from my point and shoot. :( But I'm a big girl and I'll manage. But the d90 was a brilliant choice for me, any heavier and I'm going to have work my way up into it! My bag weighs like a million pounds now. We aren't going to talk about how much $ it weighs! :)

I am, however, looking forward to a weekend with Rob, even if it means spending 10 hours in the car. It's going to be a great week!

1 comment:

Laci said...

Glad you are fine after the accident (and so glad the kids weren't with you!) Love your bargains, especially your Target find...cute! Have fun at camp...on your golf cart!!! :)