Jun 16, 2009

I miss Peonies...

They are one of those strange things that make you long for your childhood. We've had peony plants at our homes growing up for as far back as I can remember. The color and scents are so lovely, and they are absolutely beautiful to behold. I remember holding them upside down in my palms and rolling them back and forth to spin the ants out. (ants love peonies) They makes such lovely arrangements, so large and aromatic.
I also miss lilacs. We also always had them in our yard. I remember one Memorial Day in particular sitting at Rob's parents place having bbq'd food and the scent of lilacs was so overpowering. I knew that memory would be etched in my mind forever. I'll be a little old lady one day and still smell lilacs and think of that time with his family.

Well, there you go. I just made myself homesick. I think I'm needing an Iowa visit...

No comments: