Jun 22, 2009

Saw This On Another Blog...

and decided to lift the idea.  :)  I'm not feeling super creative just yet.  We are slowly recovering from this wicked bout with food poisoning.  Rob finally made it out of bed at about 2:30 this afternoon.  I've been up, but never far from the ladies room....

My children are very over being home together with little supervision.  We did manage to make it to church yesterday, oh so thoroughly by the grace of God, let me tell you.  And then Pastor and Linda invited us over for a lovely lunch and a little pool time.  The kids ate that up and went to bed beautifully last night because of it.  I limped my way through a family shoot last night, but thankfully the pictures say otherwise.  God is so good like that.

Tomorrow, hopefully the world returns to normal.  Rob will go back to work, the kids will enjoy a day of Summer Fun, and I'll hit the 90th Cookbook preparations hard, and hopefully restore a bit of peace and order into the Thoreson Household.  Man, we need it.  

Tonight we are starting the kids in swim lessons, and I'm so excited for them to learn!  They are both equally ready to figure it out!  You should have seen them fishing around in Pastor's pool yesterday.  Summer has definitely started.



On to my fun finish the sentence...

Outside my window...  My magnolia is working on 2 new blooms.  You can't know how it blesses my heart that this tree survived Ike and is now flourishing.  It's probably tripled in size since I planted it two springs ago.  My camera missed the very first bloom, but I'm watching these next two like a hawk, camera in hand!!

I am thinking...  about how relatively little time I've spent learning my new Nikon.  Life has just been moving too fast lately.  I'm hoping swimming lessons will provide me with 7 forty-five minute sessions with it.  :)

I am thankful for...  my health.  Having 4 days of severe stomach cramps (and accompianment) reminds me again how blessed Rob and I are to be two such healthy people!  

From the kitchen...  frozen pizza.  But seriously craving homemade sugar cookies and thinking I may have to indulge that craving when I'm fully recovered in a few days.

I am wearing...  hole-y jeans and an ancient Barlow Girl t-shirt, with my super cute pink Converses from Lori.

I am creating...  a ton of laundry that needs to be dealt with.  Funny how sick people still make dirty clothes.  bummer.

I am going...  feel better in the morning.  Only been saying that for 4 days, but my belief has never swayed.  I'm an eternal optimist like that...  annoying, isn't it?  


I am reading... 90 Days with Jesus by Beth Moore.  amazing!


I am hoping...  to have one of the best weeks of my life this week.  It's jam-packed and I'm trusting God for the strength to finish it with flair!

I am hearing...  the refrain to  Here In Your Presence over and over in my head.  What a haunting melody!

Around the house...  a general air of laziness.  Funny how much rises and falls on Mom.  When I relax, they relax...

One of my favorite things...my Touch hasn't left my side these past 4 days.  It's good to stay connected when all you can do is literally lift a finger.  :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...  oh, my.  sadly, a funeral.  housekeeping.  aforementioned swim lessons.  A birthday trip to the mall with a special teenager.  A family shoot on Friday am, photographing a retirement dinner that evening,  picnic planning on Saturday morning and a photographing a wedding on Saturday night.  Sunday is our annual Trinity Picnic and I'm really looking forward to that!  Like I said, I need lots of God this week!  I'm excited though, I know He doesn't give us more than we can handle and it's cool that He thinks I can handle so much!

No comments: