Oct 26, 2009

25 Things

Feeling a bit bloggy this morning. I found myself mentally blogging in the bathroom while I was doing my hair and makeup earlier. Just realized it's been a while since I've really caught you all up. Got to thinking a 25 Things list might be a good way to do it...

1.) I'm ignoring the task at hand for the moment (extremely uncharacteristic) and choosing to blog instead. I should be researching Christmas card templates for the staff card. We are taking the pictures tomorrow. I just finally found the last article of clothing needed for our 'coordinated' outfits this morning. whew.

2.) The 90th Anniversary is approaching with light speed! I'm excited, but a little nervous about all the details. Ready to unveil the cookbook already!

3.) We are having 2010 Calendar Planning today, tomorrow, and then again 2 days in the beginning of November. I really struggle with this annual meeting because it's a bit redundant and drawn out. The good part is, at least it's away time with Pastor and Linda. I'm grateful for that.

4.) My best friend, Lori, is selling her house and moving after 4 months in it. Her husband suddenly lost his job and it has been so hard to watch this happen to them. We are praying for a quick sale and a good new job for him. I believe, from the depths of my being, that God is in control. It is the only way that any of this life is tolerable. In the words of my good Bible buddy, Job, "Though He may slay me, yet I will trust Him." God is to be trusted, in all circumstances. Rob and I have ridden out our share of storms, and even right now there's one on our horizon, but God HAS NEVER failed us. And Lori and Jay serve the same God, who has never failed them either. Please be praying for them though, it's a trial for sure.

5.) Ironically, that being said, it's raining right now. I'm in the sanctuary (on the Mac) and I hear the rain pouring on the roof. One of my favorite sounds in the world, right next to the sound of my husband's voice and my children's laughter. What a blessing.

6.) Speaking of rain, our subdivision flooded massively last Wednesday. To the point that we were trapped, all our entrances were covered in water. Made me feel a bit claustrophobic. One of our friends flooded their car and ruined their engine. They need a new vehicle now. So very sad. Pray for them too!

7.) And last, but not least, on the subject of rain... God reigned in our services yesterday. He just showed up and it was awesome to behold. I say services because I really felt His presence in me in Sunday School even. I've been teaching on worship the past few weeks. We were talking about authentic worship and I just really felt His presence and leading in my teaching. Very cool. Then our students went on to 'push in' during service and you could tell! Rob lead a strong set of worship songs and Pastor gave a wonderful message. They also had Pastor Appreciation, which we appreciated!

8.) A bunny trail of Pastor's message was about Noah and how he wouldn't leave his household behind. Rob and I talk with our children continually about their walk with the Lord, but this was a good solid reminder to check in on our progress in that department. I'm finding myself lacking and it's an area I'm going to commit to working on. If we've spent our lives (and I mean spent; used up every last ounce of strength and effort) in ministry and yet lost our kids in the process, then we have really missed the big picture!

9.) Photography has been awesome lately. Not that I'm just busting out with bookings, but it has been steady. More that I've been taking a class in Houston on Monday nights and it has been terrific. I'm feeling so much more confident - that being said there is still a TON that I know that I don't know how to do yet, but I'm learning! And that is really cool. I can see so much growth in my work and that's very exciting. I absolutely love what I do, it's completely satisfying and uniquely mine and I am completely grateful for it.

10.) Eli's going to be Jesus and Sarah's going to be a bride for Halloween. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

11.) We are doing a Trunk or Treat for the first time at Trinity this year. I've been asked to volunteer a trunk and ours is going to be "Deep in the Heart of Texas" complete with stars hanging from the headliner and everything. I'm borrowing a saddle and bales of hay and having a horse shoe toss. All the the strains of "the stars at night, are big and bright" from the speakers. Should be a lot of fun!

12.) I had an amazing conversation with my sister yesterday. I'm so excited about the direction our relationship is heading in. God is in the restoration business. Don't ever be convinced otherwise.

13.) Speaking of being convinced. Rob spoke about 'Satans' Favorite Lies' last Wednesday night and it was great. I wish I had recorded it. Wow. I need to at least share part of the pamphlet he passed out. It's a list of 55 lies that Satan tells us and it is VERY eye opening. I got a lot out of it, so did our students. And he was funny! So cool to see him come into his own with preaching. Pastor is going to be on vacation here in the near future, so Rob will be speaking in big church and I am excited for him!

14.) I am completely in love with my Nikon d90. It has been such a good camera for me. Perfect size, perfect ability, just right for what I'm doing. This was such a good purchase for me, I have no regrets at all. It's been so neat to grow into my cameras, and neat that this business has been self-perpetuating.

15.) My kitchen really turned out fabulous. It's so fun to work in now. In fact, I go home and walk in to that room and just feel refreshed. It's so cozy and warm, just a happy place to hang out. Now I just need to get back to work on the trim. But I haven't been home at all lately, so that makes it hard to get any projects done.

16.) Rob and I are good. Probably even great. I love this season in our marriage. Can't believe we are coming up on 12 years this May. But we are just happy, building each other up, not tearing down. Filling in for each other's flaws. Hand in hand in ministry together. Wow. So good.

17.) Eli and Sarah are rocking it in school. We got their report cards a week or two ago, and they are doing awesome! That has to be a God thing, because Rob and I aren't putting the effort forth that we should be. Eli is working on a huge project for school though, and we are going to need to find some time to finish that puppy up. So hard to do that kind of thing for some reason.

18.) I miss fall. It's been a lot better here the past week or so with the weather cooling down a bit. Today I'm wearing a sweater. (woohoo!) But I miss the changing colors. But I love that it won't get bitter cold, so it's a trade off.

19.) Pastor and Linda have been in ministry for 45 years. Trinity gave them a trip to Israel to celebrate. Isn't that the coolest?? They were completely shocked, it was awesome!

20.) That's all I really have time for this morning. Now I need to get to work. I have a huge week and shouldn't have spent the time, but sometimes a little self-care is necessary. Happy Monday!!

No comments: