Dec 31, 2010

50 Year End Questions:

What are your resolutions for the next year?
We've already covered this topic... although I do see some additions needed. You can find them here.

What happened in your life that you never expected to happen?
We moved to San Antonio. (deep in the heart of Texas) And no, the Alamo doesn't have a basement. We checked.

What is one thing you did that you have never done before?
Painted our house.

What were your biggest achievements?
The first five courses of Berean. In fact, I just tested out on the fifth one this evening.

What were your biggest challenges?
Leaving Baytown. Living apart for 7 weeks. Squeezing into a 2 bedroom condo. 5 courses in Berean. Returning to the workforce. Re-establishing my photography business. (wow, it's been a challenging year)

What is your biggest regret?
Not valuing people the way God does.

When were you happiest?
Learning new things in my courses. Spending time with my family. Youth group is always awesome.

Who was your best friend?
The same three people really hold me together. I miss talking to Lori all the time, work has interfered a lot with that. Rob and I have had a lot of incredible conversations this year, with school and job transitions.

Who surprised you this year? In what way?
My family, with my convertible. I will always be grateful.

Who did you admire most this year?
I feel a little out of mentor this year. I feel like, with the whole Berean and not knowing where God is leading me with photography and ministry, like I'm paving my own course right now. And that's a little wierd and a lot scary. But then I remember that God is leading me down that road.

Who were you in love with?
Always Rob. He holds my heart and my hand and my attention. I am so thankful for him in my life.

What was the most important lesson you learned?
That the Holy Spirit can and will empower me to do anything God calls me to do.

What was your favorite TV show?
the Office, because I will never outgrow it. We also enjoy Community, and most recently have added Chase to our short list of awesome tv shows.

What was your favorite film?
Voyage of the Dawn Treader was pretty epic. So much poetic scripture played out in the film. Took my breath away.

What was your favorite book?
Unlikely Disciple was pretty good, but can't remember if I even read that this year. I also really enjoyed Crazy Love even though the audio version is pretty dry. And another dry but life changing book is 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. loved it. Wow, I just listed all non-fiction books. God has grown me!!

What was your favorite food?
We had a wedding dinner at Maggiano's at the Rim. Oh my goodness, four courses of wonder. I dream about that meal.

What was your favorite song?
This is my official top-down song with the kids. We just love this whole album!!

What were your favorite phrases?
might could. It just works.

What did you do for your Birthday?
not good. Moved into our new place. sick. prefer to forget it. perhaps I'm still only 30?

Which was your favorite holiday?
Christmas was awesome. Very low key, lots of chill time. I loved it.

What was the best gift you gave?
new tv for the bedroom to my sweet husband.

What was the best gift you received?
permission to buy an iPad. oh my, I love it so.

What did someone say to you that surprised you?
can't think of anything off hand.

What was your hobby?
hobbies indicate free time. I still like to scrapbook, but it's few and far between. I love photography and remain pretty committed to that. I'm pretty addicted to Facebook. And my personal quiet time. And this year I've enjoyed taking drives with the top down when the weather's nice, that's pretty fun.

What new discoveries did you make?
the iPad in all it's glory. LOVE it.

What was your guilty pleasure for the year?
pretzel bites from Pretzelmaker. They are amazing.

What did you do on an average day?
work out, shower, bible study, Berean classes, photo shoots, reception at church, pick up/drop off kids at school, remind them to brush their teeth, pay bills, plan meals, texted and of course, FB.

What was your fashion like?
skinny jeans. lots of scarves. Toms. flashier earrings. Big sunglasses (never leave home without them) heels. tons of big flowers on my left shoulder.

What was your career/job like?
photography is making a reappearance and I love that. 3 days a week receptionist/secretary at church, also loving that. Lots of bulletin making/ monthly calendar producing, scheming with Rob on youth events.

Did you make more/less/same amount than the previous year?
not sure. we'll see what year end numbers say.

What new skills did you learn this year?
managing my HUGE Nikon. Publisher (a lot better than before). Honed my study skills.

What do you think was your most valuable contribution?
lots of hard work. and some great photos. :)

What lesson(s) did you learn about yourself?
God's grace is enough for me. His Holy Spirit enables. I can depend on Him to show up, and He will.

What were the most significant events of the past year?
relocating to San Antonio. Selling our house. Grandma Ann passing. Becoming a two car family.

What were you afraid of?
failure.

What was your most memorable journey?
driving from Bemidji, MN to San Antonio, TX.

Which did you do more of? Smile or cry?
cry? nah, more smiling, but definitely did some crying this year.

Did you make any new friends?
oodles. We've fit in really fast at ct and I praise God for it.

Did you lose any old friends?
That stinking defriend button on FB annoys me! I refuse to use it!

Did you have any births/deaths in your family?
Yes, my grandma passed. And my dear friend Kim welcomed a baby girl. Can't wait to meet her!!

Did you fall in love/out of love?
more in love with Jesus.

What is your newest tech item?
my d300.

What was your most extravagant purchase?
iPad. Man, it made a lot of questions this year.

What should you have done more of?
prayer. I need to remember to pray without ceasing! It's much more productive than worrying!

What should you have done less of?
moping.

What made the biggest difference in your life?
the infilling of the Holy Spirit. life changing.

What gave you joy?
my sweet family. photography. worship. quiet times with my savior. receiving my prayer language. completing classes. driving my car with the wind in my hair.

What made you sad?
lost and hurting people.

What is your motto for the year?
Jesus saved me, He's saving me, and He will save me.

No comments: