Dec 7, 2010

Mid-life Crisis?

so, I was thinking about it this morning. In the last 4 months I've started driving a convertible, going to the gym 4 times a week, and just bought a crazy new high end camera. Am I going through a mid-life crisis? Nah. :) But I am really enjoying life!! The convertible continues to be such a blessing. Every time I get in it I say a little prayer of thanksgiving for it, having two cars has made our life so much easier!! And the gym just makes me feel so much better! I had a great workout this morning, did the treadmill for about 25 minutes, and then made my way around the weight machines for about 25 more minutes, and then topped it off with my crunch routine... cause I'm still looking for that 6-pack somewhere. LOL.

I have been debating a new camera for a long time, and had a buyer for my d40x, which I have had since I first started shooting professionally back in 2008. I found a super deal on Craigslist, and as soon as I go get the right card adapter (the store opens at 9:30am) I'll be playing. I can't wait!! I've looked over the body pretty carefully, familiarized myself with everything on it. I've taken a few demo photos, but haven't really played just yet.

Everything else is pretty good. We are struggling a bit with Eli and his grades. Met with his teacher yesterday, and it's really just a matter or being inconsistent. He needs to learn to be a hard worker, so we'll be hitting that pretty hard in the next few weeks, building his level of responsibility at school and home. Needs to happen anyway, can you believe he'll be TEN in just about 6 weeks? I can't.

Sare's got some struggles of her own. She's in a peer pressure battle right now and I'm really praying for her to rely on the value system she knows, rather than the ones being pushed on her by this other girl in her class. If you think about her, would you pray for her? She's such a sweet kiddo, but she needs to learn that being sneaky is not a quality she wants in her life.


Church is awesome. Youth Convention went really well, we took a ton of people (I honestly can't even remember how many). Now we are gearing up for our Christmas festivities. We've got some teenagers speaking this week, so that will be really interesting to hear their hearts. And next week is Rob's Christmas message. The week after that we are seeing Narnia as a group, and also our White Elephant exchange.

We are really looking forward to Christmas at home this year. I love to travel and see family, but some years it's really nice for it to just be us 4. We've got a lot of plans for things to see and do, starting with a trip to ancient Bethlehem at the end of this week. :)

Ok, back to work. I, of course, have a huge list today... grocery store, quiet time, editing, scrubbing the kitchen/living room floor, and CAMERA STORE, obviously. Hope you have an awesome Tuesday!

No comments: