Feb 24, 2009

Random Photos from a Day Away

So I wandered away from home today, and it was delightful. Sometimes when I'm home (or at the office) it's really difficult to unplug myself and allow for some relaxation. Plus, I had a few things I needed to hunt for so Baybrook was calling me today. I hit 3 scrapbook stores in one day, and I honestly can't remember the last time I did that. Oh wait, I can. It was with Lori and Kim up in Illinois (technically St. Louis) probably 3 years ago!! I didn't leave home with the intention of three stores. I went to my favorite store, By Design, first, hoping for some new Sassafrass Lass, some Jenni Bowlin or a little bit of Heidi. No luck, but here's my purchase from there - a grand $5. Some inspirational paper though, turned out to be a theme for the day.
I was especially excited about the salt and pepper shakers for my 'Fireproof' dinner pages. I've been meaning to share these favors that we handed out at the dinner, they are symbolic of the differences between man and woman, but how they compliment each other. The idea is they are glued together, (when you marry) and if you pull them apart, one or the other or both will break in the process.I noticed while I was cleaning the other day that Rob had put it up on our shutter-shelves in our living room. That man is so sweet! He also put these letters (props I purchased for ATP and used for the Fireproof dinner) up prominently in our bedroom. I'm very inspired by that. I think ultimately I'd like to do a photo series of he and I - hands intertwined, our heads pressed together, that type of thing and put them up in our bedroom. Seriously no one ever sees our bedroom because we have a divided suite layout, which I love!! Anyway, I love the idea of creativing an exclusive getaway type room. It's well on it's way, minus the laundry baskets. I have so many plans for our house, but sadly, no real money to execute them with!! I'd really like to change out the minibinds with 2 inch faux wood and put up some really beautiful deep brown curtains. Someday. But here's the 'LOVE'.
I think I'd like to move it to the other wall when we make our tv transition. We are currently saving for a flatscreen for over our living room fireplace. It's been Rob's dream for a while now. Then our living room tv will move into our bedroom and replace this tiny 13inch I bought a month before we married. :) I am enjoying the gold accents in this room, the chair landed here by lack of anywhere else to put it, but I really like it, especially with the 'LOVE' on the wall now. I think I could add a couple gold pillows and maybe some additional art and it might be a cool complimentary color.
The laundry baskets are part of a new experiment I'm trying with the kiddos, where we all sort our own laundry as we create it, hopefully making it easier to throw a load in on a regular basis!

Ok, back to the scrapbook stores. Store #2 was Scrapbook Junkie and this great cloud paper was completely worth the trip there. This is new Prima, if you can believe that?? I love it paired with the old rainbow Sassafrass Lass. Can't wait to work on that page!! and the green bows and the green rubons, aren't they just yummy??

And the last store was completely by accident. The ladies in the line behind me at Junkie were asking about any good stamp stores and the cashier directed them to Novel Approach just down the road and around the corner. I thought, why not? It was also worth the trip, found a few pieces of the S.L. christmas paper, and some never before seen in real life Bam Pop paper. Also, I thought those animals would be super fun for my zoo page. Overal, it was pretty exciting and I really only spent $20, so not bad at all. Now, I just need to find some time to play. :)

This photo is of my haul from Old Navy last night. I found some great deals for Sarah - an additional 50% off their already low clearance prices. Seriously, most of this stuff was $1.74 a piece!! I went crazy on the jacket and spent $3! The super cute green polka dot hoodie in the back is for me and I'm pretty psyched to wear it!!
And last, but not least, here's a page I lifted from Jenni Bowlin. I love how the HKS mask worked with the October Afternoon paper. These are Sarah's teachers from last year. They did a great job!!

and the tweaks on the 'blow me away' page. very fun.
Well, I need to prep a present for tonight's baby shower and probably rustle up some grub for the kiddos. I'm too excited to drive to church with a detour at Jennifer's for my girl scout cookies. Yum!!!

PS - I just saw on S.L.'s blog that Michael's is now carrying 2 pads of their paper. Yay!!! Gotta find me a 40% off coupon!!

No comments: