Jan 20, 2009

Promised Photos From Yesterday's Fun

So these are in no particular order, but all from yesterday and all of our family fun. It really was a ridiculously awesome day. We slept in, and meandered out about 10:30. Headed to the San Jac Monument first. It's a pretty cool site. And you have to remember that it's South Texas so it was a balmy 70 degrees, with a bit of a breeze (as you can see above) and just perfect running around weather.
Rob took this photo of himself and photoshopped it - I think it's pretty cool :)

And these two we took of each other, I already have a page in my brain of these photos looking at each other with the word "US" in between, can't wait!!
Sarah got new shoes the other day at the Old Navy clearance sale (I think I paid a $1.50 for these!), and totally understand her love of shoes. :)
Rob took this beautiful Texas Sky photo of us girls.
And this great shot of E and I on the steps of the monument.
Love this one of the kids cause they are truly always in motion like that!
And this photo is special cause you can still see her baby chin and her dual dimples. She thinks she's so grown up, but deep down she's just my sweet baby Sarah.
Eli snapped this one of us. He's discovered the zoom on my lens of the big camera, and was pretty enthralled. I totally understand.
Eli and Sam Houston. pretty fun.
Sarah told me that her Grandma Sally made this quilt. She does good work!
Snapped this shot on the way out of the monument, love the light and the silhouettes. So cool.
They weren't overly impressed. but we were. :)
I'm pretty sure I can see my house from here. All the way to the right. :)
Pretty incredible view.
Although, this view is pretty good too. I love that Eli lets me take his photo over and over and he's totally cool with it.
Actually, both of them are.
Sarah was enthralled with the seashells in the concrete. I am too, to think that seashells are so common here that they are used for pavement! wow.
Another cool shot of E.
And here's the monument in all it's glory. Just about 600 feet tall if I remember right.
We took the ferry boat over there. The kids never get tired of riding the ferry. It's crazy to me to think how close this is to our house, these big huge boats - so cool!
I'm probably biased, but I think my kids have the most beautiful eyes ever!!

Overall, it was an awesome day and I'm thankful we got to spend it as a family. Totally worth Rob taking a personal day. :)

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Looks like you guys had a totaly awsome day!!! Love the Pics!