Aug 9, 2009

A Few Quiet Moments

whew. deep breath. Please note, these few moments of rest have been brought to you by Granny Kay, a grandmother of one of our students. She volunteered to treat the group to pizza this evening so I have nil to do. What a blessing!

We've had another whirlwind week. It was awesome! Rob and I spent the week at General Council in Orlando, Florida. We got so much out of it. The speakers were great (many of them featured in previous years of our life) and the worship was fantastic. I was so glad to have that time to pray and worship and seek God again. The highlight was listening to Rick Warren speak directly to the pastors about pastoring. What an incredible session that was!

I have pictures to share, and from the beach too, but need a bit of time to do some editing. Cocoa Beach was amazing, the whole two hours we spent there. :) Lunch was really good, we ate on a pier overlooking the water and it was totally the 'experience' I was craving. I got some awesome shots of Rob on the beach (fully clothed, don't worry). He also took a few of me and I can't wait to do a little editing. Hopefully tomorrow.

Also, we had lunch with Craig and Tricia on Wednesday and it was wonderful to catch up. When I think about how far we've all come since I met them 13+ years ago it amazes me, God's goodness and His blessing in all of our lives.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the importance of living a consistent life (like Noah) and it's an exciting concept. This morning Herb Hawthorne preached on Contentment which is one of my favorite subjects. Reminded me of a sermon I heard many years ago on our last Sunday before we left CBC and Ozark and that whole hard time period in our life. In fact, contentment is one of my favorite words and it's sad to me when it slips my mind and I get dissettled.

Ok, kids are here. Have to bug you later! ready for an amazing evening with my favorite students!

PS - I meant to say earlier that there is a woman in our church who hasn't walked in 3 years. I visited her and her husband in the hospital about a year ago and every time I've seen them since then she's been in a wheelchair. This morning, during song service, she got up and walked to the front of the sanctuary. It was incredible! This is the God I serve. He can do for you what He did for this woman. He's still in the miracle business.
Pray for one of my students, she has scoliosis, badly, and we are believing for a miracle.

No comments: