Aug 16, 2009

Sarah is 5.


That was even hard to type! My baby, our last, turned five this morning at 7:42. She met me in the driveway as I pulled in (had to make a quick walmart run this am) and says "I'm 5 now Mommy!" Very cool.

We've had a wonderful morning worshipping at the Thoreson household. Late last week Rob and I had discussed the idea of 'home church' because we've been apart from our kids basically for the past two weeks and we really miss them! The hope was that we could sleep in a bit and then do church at our own pace. But Eli was in our room at 6:30, so that didn't really play out. Eli opened us in prayer. Daddy lead us in worship. Sarah picked the bible story. We read a family devotion. And Sarah started the closing prayer but we all chimed in. It was really neat.

Then we let Sare open her presents. She really had two big ones - Eli's old DS w/ a Barbie game and the sterling silver charm bracelet. She was thrilled about both. Grammy Ginny's package was a big hit too. I'll post more pictures here in the near future, I've got some to share from the past few weeks too.

We are hoping for a nice relaxing week of vacation. We have a few fun plans, like Schlitterbahn Galveston with the Tindols and a quick escape to New Braunfels with the Hayes family, but beyond that I really hope to get well rested and enjoy my kids last week home before Kindergarten and 3rd Grade begin! I should be posting more often this week!!

No comments: