Aug 28, 2009

My Aspiring Photographer (and a bit of my crazy brain)


Eli took these photos of me and Sare this afternoon. Sarah was not in the mood for her picture to be taken, just very tired and worn out. I was giving Eli a few pointers and he really did well after a bit of suggestion.

So, about a week ago I read a message board thread about first day traditions. One lady said she took pictures in the morning (duh) and then printed them while her children were at school and then hung them all over the house when they returned home. Such a cool idea!

I spent all of Monday at church and shot in RAW so I needed to process the images before I could have them printed. I'd like to see the Walgreens people deal with an .NEF file. :) Then again, maybe I wouldn't...

Anyhoo, so my opportunity passed, but then I had the wild hair of doing it at the end of the week. So today, I made a banner with all the pictures from this week (oh, it's so cutie!) and did a big awkward sign on the garage too. The kids were delighted!

I'm going to leave you with this happy guy. One of my students picked an unripe lemon (and got a lecture about being lemon-less in November) and decided it needed a face-lift. I found this little guy on my sink late that night. I love the creativity of students!

No comments: