Sep 24, 2009

As Promised.

Scrapbook pages. Finally! I still have one in progress, so that one isn't up yet. These are mostly from last Saturday's exploits. I spent 5 hours 'cropping for the cure'. yeah, it was a real hardship. :)

This page was completely inspired by another page I had seen, but I loved the stamping in the circle. :) It was fun to get out my giant HKS stamps and put them back to use. Love this color combo too, blue and yellow are a staple favorite of mine. :)This page is near and dear to my heart because the pictures are from our summer games and camp. We had such an extraordinary summer this year and the youth group is really becoming family to us, I love it! Plus you've gotta love the hot air balloons. :)
This page has been bouncing around in my head since I bought this chandalier paper a year ago. Sarah is all glitz and glam, we know that, so this seemed like the perfect paper for her. Especially sporting that ginormous ring!!
Had some fun with this lovely stamp, and an unusual color scheme. :) Love this pic of Bart and Jen and Rob and I. They have become such good friends and such a blessing!
This page is ridiculously simple, but so fun. This yummy paper had my heart and I didn't want to complicate it. Seemed just perfect for our sunny FL beach picture.
Still working on pics from my birthday weekend. I think Lori and I took about 300 that weekend, so it may be a while. And we'll be taking plenty more this coming week, I'm sure!! Don't usually do a lot of dark blue, but it's fun with the turquise and worked well with the beach picture. (note the dramatic difference between the above pictured Cocoa Beach and the below Galveston Beach, wowsers)
Probably my favorite picture from the first day of school. This page sat in progress on my fridge for about a month now. :) Totally worth the wait though, she loves it too!
A little reminder to maintain 'gazelle-like' intensity. I try to scrapbook our family values too, so our books are a complete history of our family. And yes, I've scrapped some of the harder things too. I remember one page about the 'house built too small' quite clearly.

I'm very in the mood to scrap. But we have a busy weekend. I do think I will pack a few things for Iowa though, just in case I can find some time with my mom or Lori. Or both, how amazing would that be?

No comments: