Sep 1, 2009

Ridiculously Tired.

and it's not even 10. I'm seriously ready to turn in for the night. I realized though, that's it's been a while since I've updated. We had an insanely busy (good) weekend hosting the incredible Dr. Rob Starner of SAGU. He did an amazing presentation, from memory, of the book of Galations, in full costume. Awesome. I also had the privilege of photographing him in said costume, which you can see on my sister site. My Rob, Dr Starner and I had several wonderful conversations and it just excited us for ministry all the more again. We followed a terrific Sunday up with a really good staff meeting yesterday and a newcomer's fellowship last night. God is doing so many neat things right now, it's very thrilling to be working on His side of things. :)

Kiddos are doing great. A little tired from the adjustment to full-time school, but excelling. Mom is a lot tired from full-time school simply because I'm back to starting my day at 6am and motivating everyone else from then on! Seems like I just run like a chicken with my head cut off till 10 again, but it's a good crazy, I promise.

I finally got going again with the grocery game today. I'd been promising myself I would with school starting back up, but then Linda spoke to me about doing a presentation at church this fall and that really got me in gear to want to get back with the program. Plus it just seems wasteful to not grocery game when I know how!!

Tomorrow, I am spending a much needed 5 hours with Jennifer. I have no idea what we are going to do or where we are going to go, but I'm definitely looking forward to some down time. And then, before you know it, Thursday will be here and all will be right with the world because me and that fantastic hubby will coexist for an entire day with no priorities but each other. I can't wait!


One last thing... We just started a new system in the Thoreson household. It basically revolves around 'Thoreson Currency'. (I made it on Festisite.com/money). We pay Eli and Sarah for completing tasks, such as morning routines with a good attitude, clearing the table, making their beds, doing homework. They can then spend the currency on items they would enjoy, such as 30 minutes of tv, trampoline time, ice cream on the patio. We've been doing it for 2 days now and it's been a huge hit! I really needed something to help me with the morning attitude and motivation - this appears to be just the ticket!! Plus it's really cute, don't you think??

No comments: