Dec 23, 2009

In the Wee Hours


Beginning with blogging. :)

Things are good here. Really enjoying the kiddos break. Unfortunately, it's flying by. Like, in the Thoreson world, tomorrow is already Christmas day! of course, I haven't finished wrapping, not because I'm a slacker, but because UPS and the PO still haven't finished bringing the presents. Nothing like the last minute, right? (grr) Everything but the couple packages that showed up last night at 5pm is wrapped, but I'm expecting the bulk of it today.

Very few of my fun projects have gotten finished. Mostly, I've just done a lot of baking/cooking/cleaning. All good though, needed to be done. I did get a chance to scrapbook a bit yesterday, and that was relaxing for sure! Posting a few photos, but the bulk of them are from my snowstorm scrapping session a few weeks back.

Eli made this paper last week during Sunday School. It was much larger, but I asked him if I could cut it down to include it in our scrapbook and he was very cool with that. I love the "I saw him!"

I've been working on this page forever. Had it designed for about 6 months, and the paper pulled, then actually started it a month ago. It was a bit labor intensive. My kids were very impressed with the cut out glue and scissors though, so that was worth it. :)

Sarah drew this self-portrait on Thanksgiving day. I especially love the hearts in her dress and the high heels on her feet. :) So very her.

And Rob loves this song, thinks it should be Sarah's theme song. I though it worked for both kids though, and thought the lyrics really fit with this photo.

Sarah's Kindergarten photo. (I got a kick out of the 'Oh Dear')

And you can't have one without the other, I actually started with this photo. Eli drew this amazing timeline of his life and I had to include it in the family book. I'm realizing I've been doing that a lot lately, but I love their little drawings and stories. Sarah keeps making 'books' by drawing on a stack of papers, telling a story, and then stapling it together. Super cute.

And these are a few photos from Sarah's Crowning. That was one of our neatest moments this year, for sure. She's working hard on her Daisy material now, and is hoping to achieve Honor Daisy this coming fall.

We had our youth Christmas dinner this past weekend, and it was really special. I so enjoyed hosting all of our students here in our home. It felt like family. And so often I feel like we've sacrificed our relationship with our real family to love on these teenagers, so it was neat to share our traditional holiday festivities as a youth family. Everyone had a wonderful time, the food was excellent. My favorite part was Monique's gift to us, a homemade brie. It was fantastic! Excuse the terrible photo, I should have pulled out my real flash. Cutting corners always hurts in the long run. (note to self)

Last night we went to Pastor and Linda's for our annual Christmas with then. It was so sweet, they made hot dogs and macaroni for the kids then we opened presents. Then we sat around, enjoyed the cheesecake I made (which turned out awesome) and talked till about 10pm. It was very nice. No pictures though, I know that Linda isn't a big picture person, so I respectfully left my camera at home. :)

Well, I have a huge list to tackle, of course. And one last session before the holiday this afternoon. Then tonight we are going to enjoy a potluck/party with some good friends and tomorrow, my friends, is the day my kids have been counting down to for over a month! :) I should have some good photos to share!


No comments: