Dec 18, 2009

A Wonderful Afternoon/Evening




Well, after that full morning, we had an open afternoon and it's a tradition in the Thoreson household to do something fun on early out days. :) So we headed out to the library, only to be completely distracted by this incredible (albeit late) display of fall folliage on the way out of our neighborhood. The homeowner didn't appear to be home, so we stole a few snapshots. So glad I did, it's just really good to practice any time I can!


Then we finally got back on track to the library, and still had camera in tow, so I took a few more shots there. I've wanted to shoot the kids at at the library for a long time. We go there often, it's a big part of our family's culture, being readers. As for the photos, Sarah was extremely uncooperative. Eli was content to read a book and let me do my thing. Lighting was terrible. But we still had fun. And we brought home a huge stack of books and videos to enjoy over our extended holiday break.

(the above shot has been in my head forever)

(love how comfy they both are, like it's their home away from home)



(and I'm pretty sure I remember borrowing this book from the Correctionville Library while growing up... I've always loved the library)

After the library we picked up Rob at church and I snapped a few shots there. You have to understand, it's been cold and wet and miserable for the past 10 days here in Baytown, so I was feeling a little 'photographically' cooped up. :) Got some neat 'fall' shots of the church.



Then this evening, after being thoroughly annoyed with the process of changing our auto insurance, I went outside to photograph our holiday home. Well, one thing lead to another and soon I was wandering down the street with my Nikon, tripod, and remote. Had a bit of fun with that. Overall, it's been a very wonderful day.



We are watching Enchanted now, and I'm about to pop some popcorn on the stove.

Tomorrow? a client shoot and some quality time with the fam. Great day. So excited for Christmas and it's so almost there!



[Anyone else think it's crazy that I took classic fall pictures and classic Christmas pictures in the same day??]

No comments: