Oct 2, 2008

Dude, I'm so thankful.




Today was a truly great day.

First of all, it's Thursday and we are happy because it's Thursday, right?? I love Thursdays, they are officially my favorite day.

Rob and I spent the day together, well almost all day, right after he slept in. lucky. But we kicked around the house a bit this morning and then headed out to see Fireproof over in Webster. It was a drive, but very worth it. I really recommend this movie. I will say, there was a bit of lousy acting in it, but the overall point was really good and I found myself wiping away tears at many different points in the movie. It was along the lines of Facing the Giants, but better. Oh, and Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains anyone?) is in it and still as adorable as he was 15 years ago. We enjoyed it though, and we've kind of been in a theme of really tending to our marriage this past week or so, it was very good timing. I'm going to be looking into 'the Love Dare' for us as well.

So we were strong and resisted the overpriced popcorn during the movie, but picked up some Cheddar's spinach dip and chips for the way home. It was still a pretty cheap date. :) We drove home via Nasa Road One and Seabrook, seeing a lot more of Ike's wrath. I took some poor photos on my camera phone, but haven't uploaded yet, maybe tomorrow. It made us very thankful for our home and it's relatively little damage and not quite so annoyed with our a-wall adjuster.

We came home in time to pick up Sarah and drop me off at Jennifer's for my highlights and haircut, which turned out great, I'm always so grateful to her. We are working towards a bob now, and bumped up the highlights, chunking just a bit more and a little heavier on the right side, I'm thrilled with the results. Funny how a boost on your color puts a swing in your step, isn't it? Rob got his cut too, and he's looking good. :)

Then we headed off to the park at Stephen F. Austin Elementary for a beautiful picnic and some family fun time on the swings and the playground equipment. It was such a wonderful evening, the weather was absolutely-only-find-it-in-Texas-Fall perfect. Just golden and beautiful and lovely. The kids were amazing and it was just one of those memories that I will treasure for years to come. Thankfully I had my camera phone and I could capture just a few photos of it. I've had a ton of fun posting directly to Facebook right from wherever I'm at now.

Finally, we headed to our Financial Peace class. It was a hard night, where you are preparing to sit down and do your cash flow plan. ergh. But I know that this is important and I'm really thankful to be doing this right now. Rob and I are so excited about this class and all of the cool things we'll be able to do through it.

So, just an amazing day. I had to take a moment to share because I don't want to forget it.

Oh, and ATP is really picking up, it's extremely exciting. God is so good people, you know? He is so, so good.

1 comment:

The Sermonator said...

Don't you love amazing days like that. God is so good to us! Love the picturea! Eli has your expression Anna, and Sarah is wearing her dads! Fun.