Oct 21, 2008

New Hotness




So I found 2 pairs of dark wash Levis yesterday, for $10.99 each! And I got this great new Gap pink sweater from Freecycle a couple weeks ago (for free, thus the name Freecycle) and a pair of flats that I happen to be breaking in for Saturday's big wedding.

I felt the need to photograph it all just for you.

somedays it just all comes together.



Oh. And we looked at another house today. I liked it. A lot. Suprisingly. Especially when you consider that the ceilings were wallpapered. yep, you read that correctly, ceilings. But it had really good bones and lots of neat 80's extras that I loved cause I'm vintage like that. I could totally see us in this house. Oh, and did I mention that it's like 8 blocks from the church and in the school zone we want? It needs major work - all cosmetic, which totally doesn't scare me, except for the wallpaper on the ceiling... It does feature an amazing kitchen - huge. Like I seriously walked in and just wanted to start making Thanksgiving Dinner, despite the dead cockroaches throughout the home. (that's any empty home in TX - for the record) Oh, and cabinets are crazy high end and amazing, a good coat of Lysol and some new hardware and it would be a new room.

So, we have a couple major obstacles in our way still. This house is a foreclosure, which is good for price, but bad for mortgages and closing costs. Because of our primo economy right now, we currently have a conventional loan at a decent interest rate, but with our stellar housing crisis, we only qualify for an FHA loan with a higher interest rate with our same mortgage company. I'm not sure how 16 months of perfect payment history makes us a great risk for an amount 25k lower than a year and a half ago, but that must be that new math talking. :) So, we need a free $1000 for earnest money to make and offer and to sell our house uber-fast since with a foreclosure they won't accept a contingency.

But all of those issues are nothing for our God. If this is His will, He can do it all as quick as He'd like. We are trusting Him. Oh, and still waiting for our insurance check. It's not like Ike was 6 weeks ago. Oh wait, it was...


one question.


Didn't their arms get tired when they put that wallpaper up?

No comments: