Oct 21, 2008

New Pages - it's all in the details

So I decided it might be fun to post some scrapbook layout photos and I got all inspired to take photos of different angles and details on the page, so lucky you!
This page was pretty much a sheer accident, but I wound up loving it.
Those HKS butterflies really made the page, I'm loving polka dot paper lately. What's with that?

Here's the bigger picture, along with the fun details. I busted out my ancient Making Memories tiny type stickers. But I still love them. I smell an Expo review in the near future!
And I'm totally in love with these letter stamps from Heidi. They are making a starring appearance on my Christmas cards this year, so look forward to that!
These are some fake flowers I had that just gave the page a little extra dimension. Can you tell I've been playing with the f-stop on my camera lately. sorry. :)
This special drawing of Eli's inspired the next page. It's all his favorite comic book heroes plus a few of his own invention. This kid is brilliant with a pencil, let me tell you! My favorite is "the Joker's Girlfriend" - only from the mind of an almost eight year old!!
I had so much fun with all the details on this page, including a whole bunch of hand stitching. (imagine that, Mom would be so proud) I also love the black owls peaking out on that bottom border. I think this is my best page in weeks.
This features an ancient chipboard heart from Lil Davis Designs and some new cardstock letter stickers from October Afternoon. Oh, and the MM journaling notebook that I'm ga-ga over.
See, didn't it all come together nicely? I have such a happy scrapbook now. And all my reviews are ready to upload to Expo. I just need to sit down and do it.

No comments: