Aug 31, 2005

Well, after all my complaining yesterday, today things are working out. First of all, they figured out our pay issue with the church, a secretary made the deposit and got the charges reversed (since it wasn't our fault). I was greatly relieved. Rob and I had some pretty intense phone conversations - no frustration with each other, just with the situation. But it's resolved and we are no worse for the wear. We also talked with our supervisor and secured a washing machine that had been donated to the church to replace our broken one. Rob will be picking it up tonight and I'm so thankful that I won't have to haul our six loads to a laundrymat. I also called on our digital camera this morning and they said they will be repairing it, but I recieved an email this afternoon saying it would just be replaced. Woohoo!

Right now I am watching CNN and the coverage on Katrina. It's devastating. I cannot immagine what those people are going through. It makes you truly thankful for what you have. I'm saddened to hear about the chaos, with the looting and the lawlessness. It's so frightening. It makes me think about end times and wonder. I'm so thankful that I'm assured of my salvation, it gives me peace in times like these. I wish we were in a position where we could do something to help, but all they are asking for at this point is financial aid and we just can't do anything at this point.

I know it sounds trite, but the gas shortage is heavy on my mind. We are so dependant on gasoline to get Rob to school each day. The expense is crazy, but if we reach a rationing point, I'm not sure what we will do. This semester is certainly our hardest yet but we are so focused on getting through it.

We recieved an exciting phone call from a pastor in St. Louis today. He is very interested in us as potential youth pastor candidates. It was a huge revelation to me, to be wanted and appreciated after 3 years of being a liability... It's complicated, but we've struggled so hard to connect for as long as we've been in Springfield/Ozark.

So, I guess things are looking up. I was happy to scrap a couple layouts for our Breckenridge album today, nearly done with it at this point. I'm finally being inspired to finish it up.

Nothing terribly deep tonight. Just glad to be surviving at this point. Good to focus on the hope of a new job. As overwhelmed as we are in our current situation, that end-of-the-tunnel light is getting brighter every day. Just keep swimming!

No comments: