Aug 19, 2005

Well, it's a new day. I keep thinking of random things to post on here, but unfortunately I actually have to find time to sit at the computer and type things down, there's no instant link from my brain to the net. Maybe that's a good thing?? (ha ha)

Strange mood today. Have a plumber here, dealing with a backed up tub - ew!! Glad it's him and not me. Not that I don't deal with a good amount of %*&* on any given day, but at least mine is usually in convienient diaper form, easily disposable and whatnot.

Have to laugh that I used the word whatnot. Rob always teases me that I use it too much, but that's inconceivable, it's a convienient blanket statement, covers a lot without saying too much. Now I'm really just rambling, but hey, it's my blog...

I did scrapbook this morning, finished two in progress pages and started and finished a third. That felt good. I'd be scrapping right now, but I'm ashamed to take out my buckets and buckets of stuff in front of the plumber. He'd probably make some comment and I'd obsess about it for a week, he'd forget it by the time he drove away. Oh why do I care so much what other people think? It's a disease of mine.

I'm feeling very creative today, which is probably why I'm so wordy. I sketched about ten page ideas the other night so I'm stoked to play. That's my new thing, pre-planning my pages. It unlocks my creativity right away when I sit down to create. No more scrapper's block for me, not that I usually suffer, but definately struggle with the occasional 'starting-the-page jitters".

Scrapping is an enigma to me. I love it so much, it's empowering. But I want to do more with it, (ie - for hire, getting published, designing) and that isn't going anywhere, so that is frustrating. I just have to decide that doing it for me is enough and enjoy it for what it is, a break and some well deserved time off from the monotony of motherhood. Plus I really enjoy creating our family's history books. I've always been a fan of history, it's fun to contribute.

Note to self - I need to remember to post about Seinfield and just how much I love that show! Another day, another post. Man this is addictive.

No comments: