Aug 27, 2005

Well, now that I've dropped off the face of the earth... I'll recover myself and start over. What a rough week. It always is, that first week of school, readjusting to Rob being gone, no car, no life. I struggle with it. I am taking solace this year that it's Rob's last semester. Plus, we are actively interviewing for youth pastor positions now, so that's exciting, definitely a light at the end of the tunnel, if you know what I mean.

Haven't scrapbooked since Tuesday. It's a priority today. That always makes me feel better when I'm down, which I definitely have been down lately. My sister came this week, and I enjoyed her company. Being around her makes me realize how much we've sacrificed though, and where we could be if we hadn't sold our house and furniture, etc in Sioux City 3 years ago. Normally I just don't think about it, but when your kid sister has an instant husband, house and career it's hard to ignore. She's doing good though, she's happy as I've ever seen her. We had a lot of heart to hearts. I just always struggle with what people think and I know she feels sorry for us, in a pitying 'they could make better choices' kind of way. And I agree, from the world's perspective we could make better choices, but that's not what God asked us to do. He wants us to see life from His perspective and going back to school was the priority...

I get excited when I think about December. I fantacize about it all happening really fast; we get a job, find a house, pack up and move and wham, suddenly our life is different. We can finally do exactly what we were created to do, which is youth ministry. I know Rob is going to be so happy doing ministry full-time. Just being in school working towards that goal he's been so much happier than he was ever in Sioux City.

So today, my goals. Cleaning house. (ack) Spending time with the kiddos. Scrapbooking. Prepping for tomorrow. We have church in the am, normal, but we have a big long meeting in the pm for small group leadership. I'm concerned for Sarah, she usually doesn't do well with evening church.

Real deep stuff today. :) Just wading through. My job this semester is going to be to keep my chin up. I can tell that already!

No comments: