Sep 16, 2005

Either life has slowed down or the G-forces just aren't having the same effect. I just have to take a deep breath from the past few weeks. It seems like we've been running from crisis to crisis. I'm not really sure it's let up, but perhaps I'm just used to the momentum by now.

Not really sure where to start, not sure where we left off. Right now Brea (my 1 year old daughter) has an ear infection. But you can tell we've had lots of much worse health issues to deal with because I'm being so casual about it, diagnosed her myself before we even got to the pediatrician's office. She was tugging at her ear and she just hasn't been sleeping, which of course, makes me crazy cause I can't scrapbook (ie; breath!) the past few days. I have all these ideas (mostly from those crazy effers) be-bopping around in my head and they are dying to get out onto paper and pictures but I digress. Anyhoo, dear daughter is miserable, hence wreaking havoc on our otherwise havoc-filled home. She literally hasn't slept in two days, with the exception of 7 hours last night. Have to say I'm almost sick of looking at her. :) She's sweet though, even when she's sickie. And I'm so thankful that it's not something more serious, since her iv has only been out about 10 days.

Eli, my four year old son, is doing well. He loves school, but it still kills me to send him away 3 days a week for 3 hours a day. I'm just scared of what he might learn, but I know it's good for him. I can't protect him from everything forever, I may as well learn that lesson now. Every day we pray with him and remind him to "make good choices" and secretly I hope that echoes in his little ears all day long. He is randomly breaking out in a rash, has been for months now and it's definately got Rob and I freaked out, since the pediatrician is clueless as to what might be causing the mystery rash.

Rob and I are awesome. I know I say that often, but I really mean it. I was telling my bf the other day how if I could choose between any other guy in a 'better' situation or Rob in this same exact situation, I would choose Rob every time. He's my penguin. (they mate for life) I cannot believe how in tune with each other we are at this fateful 7th year. I've heard so many things about year number seven, how it's the worst, the hardest, the one where you just want to walk away. We've had several rough years as a family, crummy circumstances, senseless tragedies, etc, but things with us are top notch. I remember year #2 being really tough, we had some stuff to work out, but since then it just keeps getting better.

The job search continues. It's tiring, getting excited over each possibility and then hearing a door shut or just being left hanging. It makes me pray harder, relying on the fact that God has a precise plan for our lives, and He is in control.

Well, it's time to get those kidddos to bed, pert near anyway. Hopefully I'll get to play tonight, I'm so in the mood. Oh, that's the other thing, the new rules for HOF are up and I think I'm going to submit. Why not? I've been rejected before, I have thick skin. (that's a lie and I know it) But seriously, I didn't submit last year and I seriously regretted it, so at least if I do this year I will have some great layouts to show for it.

Ok, and this is random, but I just got a phone call with a water survey, and she knew my name (which is strange) but I laughed because she called me Mrs. Thoreson and my gut reaction was "that's not me, that's my mother-in-law". Ha! After 2 kids and nearly 8 years! Oh well.

No comments: