Sep 6, 2005

"I'm feeling better!"

(spoken in a thick english accent for all you Monty Python fans out there) :) It's been a long time since I've watched the holy grail, but some things are just naturally engraved in your brain...

Seriously, though. It's amazing how a little perpective can change your situation dramatically. In the physical aspect, nothing has changed in our household. But the mentality is suddenly different. I feel a keen sense of hope sliding in, enveloping our family and our frame of mind. Just a few interviews and a lot of talk, Rob and I are re-focusing and ready to tackle this last semester with fervor. We've been interviewing with several churches, it's going really well and I'm gaining confidence about our employability when he's through. The next couple months are going to be really busy and that's just the way I like it.

On the 24th of September we will be heading to the St. Louis metro area for an interview and we are hopefully going to squeeze a second one into that trip. Then in October I'll be headed to IL with my good friend Kim to see my little sister for a couple days. In November we are going to try and do family Thanksgiving here at the camp, we'll see if everyone can make it or not. Then it's December before you know it and we will be getting all set to move! Woohoo! I think that having one big thing each month will maintain momentum, and that will keep me going. Plus there will be little things interspersed in there, like small group outings and visits with Lori and Jay.

The most exciting thing happened yesterday. My sister booked our flight to Paris! I'm just in awe that she would do this for me, it's crazy. But she's dead-set on it and we are going in March, which is only 7 months away and I can't wait. I need to reserve some books at the library for Rob to pick up so I can do some research on where we will go. We are also going to spend one day in Manchester, England, so I can technically call it my "Europe" trip. Oh, the pictures I will take!!!

Speaking of pictures, I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my replacement camera, I can't wait to use it. The kids have grown so much in the almost month it's been gone. I'll finally be able to update my layouts on Two Peas, I'm not even sure how much I've done this past month, but it's alot. I scrapped 2 layouts yesterday and finished up a two page spread this morning. I've been on such a roll lately, it's fun. Wish I could do it for a living, but it's just not working out. I guess that's God's way of saying that I should focus on the kids for now.

We missed our first MOPs meeting of the year this morning, made me sad cause I love MOPs and this will be my last semester with this group. But Eli's been complaining of a sore throat and not feeling well, plus with Brea recovering from being so dehydrated, I figured it was for the best. That's a hard part of being the mom, knowing when to say no. There are a lot of hard parts about being a mom, but it's worth it!

So nothing incredibly deep today. It's Tuesday, my hard day, but we are going to do just fine, I can tell already. I really love these kids. That makes it a lot easier. :)

No comments: