Sep 28, 2005

Good Morning!!

The sun is shining, the tank is clean.... THE TANK IS CLEAN!!! (for all you finding nemo fans out there!)

Ahh... deep cleansing breath. Despite my four hours of sleep last night I feel really REALLY good this morning. Rob had a super late class and chapel last night so I was up late scrapbooking and talking with my little sis on the phone (way to multi-task like a hall-of-famer wannabe) till he came in. Then we talked for two hours - which is funny because we talked about the St. Louis metro position. That is funny because I had proposed us not talking about it for a couple days and then getting together and re-hashing it - since we appear to be at odds about it. But he was sounding very pro taking the position in the wee hours this am. I'm not holding my breath yet though, he's been very back and forth since Saturday. We have some major things to think through first - an interview on Thursday pm with a church in KY, plus he wants to follow up on three seperate resumes he's already sent out. Then of course, there is the offer - wondering how generous it will be. We have a figure in mind that we need, but we'll see where they go on Sunday or Monday. If anybody is actually reading this, pray for us while we are seeking God's will. This is a delicate matter and a huge decision for us.

There are also little things to pull together, like that fact that we (near) desperately need a car. I think we can get together a hefty down payment, but I'm not sure we can get a loan after having a job with so little income for so long. It could take some time to dig out.

I do find it interesting that during this whole job search I have been praying that it would be fast and furious, that we would barely have time to struggle with "is this God's will?". When we sold our house in Sioux City and moved to Springfield it all happened within one month - crazy fast and purposeful. You just knew that God was in it. If this position happens we would move next month and I think it would be pretty sudden, but that is just exciting to me, not overwhelming. I say this in the midst of boxes, because I've been pre-packing for several months now, anticipating a December move.

If we take this job it will mean Rob and I would live in seperate states 5 days a week for 8 weeks. That is a surreal thought to me, I depend on him so much. Not just for help with the kiddos, but for sanity. I'm sure we would talk every night, since the church will hook him up with a cell phone. Plus Lori will call and that will keep me sane.

Some of the important perks are there, like I searched for a scrapbook store and there is one 2 miles from the house. I also searched for a MOPs group and found one (again) 2 miles away. There is a little room off the back of the kitchen that Rob and I agreed could be my scrapbook 'studio' which makes me soooo happy I could cry, I've always wanted a 'studio'. It's just fun to say "If you need me dear, I'll be in my studio." Ya know what I mean??? There are a lot more perks, but I don't want to go into them, since I haven't talked to Rob yet this morning, he may have changed his mind by now. :)

I'm just trusting for God's leading and that the wrong doors will close and the right one will open. We shall see.

On an aside, I'm going to see about adding some links to my blog, some fun new websites to check out, including the MOPs website, a couple other scrapper's blogs, and my best friend's blog. Also going to see about doing some more pictures of my cutie petootie kids. Enjoy!

No comments: