Nov 7, 2006










recovery
Not even sure where to start. So much has gone on since my last post. Mom was in a horseback riding accident on Thursday. She was walking next to a horse and it fell on her, breaking her right leg. After a weekend of pain, she is in a mid-thigh to ankle cast and sadly won't be able to make it for thanksgiving. I'm so thankful that she is ok - after having a thousand pound animal use her as an easy chair. I feel terrible that she is in so much pain. And I'm really bummed out that she won't be coming for the holidays - I haven't spent any time with Mom since March and I was really looking forward to it - so were the kids.
So then we fast forward to Friday - lots of insanity there - getting the rental van (we lovingly nicknamed it 'the blue streak') was an issue, but it was resolved and only put us an hour behind schedule. Enough so that our laundry was still all over the dining room table and there were dishes in the sink when it was time to leave and Joyce came to watch the kids. Such is life, I guess. I did the best I could with the time I had last week.
So then we loaded up the van and headed out to Springfield, IL (ie- the 'other' springfield) for Momentum '06. I had to laugh - I had six teenage boys ride in my van. I think they were won over by the better sound system. We listened to christian rock and punk all the way there and back and had some awesome conversations. I think that was my favorite part of the trip. God kept giving my divine appointments with teenagers - we'd be rooming together, or standing in a an hour long line for Starbucks (totally worth it) or whatever and it was just amazing to me how everyone is starting to go deeper. The convention itself was wonderful - a good speaker and two great bands. But I really enjoyed the time with students. We got home about 6 on Saturday night, but had to return the van and mess around with that. Sunday was tough. I was tired, but super cranky - so were the kids. It wasn't much fun. Sunday night we projected a movie up on the side of our house and we had 24 students show up to chill with us. Hot chocolate and popcorn kept us warm and it was super fun. We might have to make it an annual event.
Yesterday we just laid low, wiped out from the weekend. We did a little light shopping in the am - found a used Palm for Rob at the Goodwill for forty dollars. He was extatic. Anyhoo, I have about a half a million things to do this morning. Better get to it.

No comments: